105 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Touch Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Touch Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Touch Premiered on FOX on January 25, 2012

Through masterful storytelling, the series follows a group of seemingly unrelated characters - beginning with a former firefighter tormented by his inability to save a dying woman, an Iraqi teenager who will go to great risks to help his family, a gifted singer whose actions at a karaoke bar save lives thousands of miles away and a British businessman desperately trying to retrieve a key piece of information from his lost mobile phone - who affect each other in ways seen and unseen.

At the center is MARTIN BOHM (Kiefer Sutherland, "24"), a widower and single father, haunted by an inability to connect to his mute, severely autistic 11-year-old son, JAKE. Caring, intelligent and thoughtful, Martin has tried everything to reach his son who shows little emotion and never allows himself to be touched by anyone, including Martin. Jake busies himself with cast-off cell phones, disassembling them and manipulating the parts, allowing him to see the world in his own special way.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Touch Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:48 ]

TOUCH - First Look Featurette

Pilot

A very strong pilot but you really need an open mind to really enjoy this show and so much has happened in this one episode who would of thought buying an oven would stop a suicide bomber . That telephone operator did a fantastic job i am sure that it wasn't manual in her work orientation . Does anyone think he will hook up with that women ?

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I really enjoyed the show, I'm not sure if it was that I miss a good Kiefer Sutherland show, or if this is really going to be worthy of following. My only issue with this show is I wonder if they are going to fall into a pattern, where they find a formula that works for the show, lather, rinse and repeat.

Time will tell, but as far as pilots go....this was a win for me.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Good first episode, the phone doing as many air miles as the owner but separately was amazing and what a small world with the fireman trying to save his wife and then the lotto - the fight at the station which lead to him missing the train

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yes but talk about a surprise with where he was he manged to see a photo of his kid on the big screen Who would thought a prank could be so meaningful to him

Reply 12#12 bala's post

The kid with the bomb wanting an oven when the owner of the phone was in Kitchen supplies who would of done anything to get the phone back

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

That was rather an amusing connection it's a good thing operator actually GPS the phone can you imagine if she didn't . I did they covered too much in this episode too many different storyline

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I liked how the two main story lines had such long range connections right down to the phone call the fireman made when he was attacked

1+1=3

Well i like connection who would thought all that lead confrontation on the bridge . Man his son is going to get him killed at the rate he's going.

105 123456
Thread