108 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 Here

OK, I just finished watching season 3...and while some things I suspected, others were a complete shocker!  
Now I have another show that I have to wait for the new season...it's getting more frustrating all the time!  How will I stand it?

Click Here For The Battlestar Galactica About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Battlestar Galactica on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 17:30 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

i gave up

i watch the first few episodes on tv than i kind forgot about it because it clashed NCIS so i gave up and now i only 3 more episodes of csi miami to watch i need another show to watch so i'm going give it another chance on here. i'm left at point where last 4 episode of season 1. i will continue from there

Reply #2 bala's post

I think you'll enjoy it.  I don't have the sci-fi channel, so was previously waiting for DVD's.  I'm so glad to be able to watch it here, along with other sci-fi shows I enjoy.  I also like being able to arrange my programs so they suit my time schedule rather than the networks.

The problem with this show is more adult sci-fi-amount of time we balter and blonde making out tormenting him-I'm surprised he hasn't put a bullet in his head-that woman isn't well. That has pscyo woman of sci-fi.

Reply #4 bala's post

As the show continues, the other characters get more screen time, and thus you don't have to endure Baltar & Number 6 as often.

Broken Links?

I can't seem to watch any of the BsG epsiodes featured on TV Video, the links seem broken. I've had to go to Veoh, is anyone else having this problem?

Not Exactly Related, but...

I just watched the premiere of the Bionic Woman and not only did we see Katee Sackhoff in a different, though familiar kick butt role, we also had a peek at Aaron Douglas, aka Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol, in a small role.  It's not BG, but it will hold me over for a while.

Reply #6 Apollo's post

Are you still having this problem?  I just checked it out and I couldn't get it past...Read www.tv-video.net.  I'll post it in the Error Report thread.

Reply 9#9 bnewman8629's post

The song used was Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower", and according to the album info it was performed by Brendan “Bt4″ McCreary [vocals], Paul Cartwright [electric violin], Steve Bartek [sitar and electric guitars].

Season 4 Discussion Thread ((((!!SPOILERS!!))))

Ok so I got to watch the episode and the battle scene at the beginning was just, well, awesome! I must say it just left me with more and more questions.

Still want to know who the final Cylon model is. Is it Kara? I think that would be a huge cop-out. Judging from Caprica spin-off leaks, I am right now putting some coin on the elder Adama, bu I am probably totally wrong! Oh, I wonder if we had some foreshadowing in this episode about Lee's brother. What if he is the final Cylon model? How crazy would that be?!?!

Baltar and his happy tribe- argh what can we say?? I just have this feeling they are going to martyr him in some way in order to parallel him (in a preverse way really if you look at the things he has done) with Jesus.

So will Kara shoot our lovely president? Are Saul and Anders going to snap and start shooting too?

Discuss!

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 4-6-2008 01:37 ]
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 1#1 silver1978's post

I definitely don't think Starbuck is the final Cylon.  In Razor (if I remember correctly) it mentioned that Kara would lead them to destruction, or something along that line.  I've been thinking it might be the old man too, or maybe Roslin...but I have steered clear of EVERY spoiler page about the show, since I like to be surprised.

The thing with Baltar was perverse.  I thought the same thing...as if his head wasn't big enough to begin with, they go and turn him into some pseudo-Messiah for those people. BLECH!  I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up being martyred.

As for Zach making an appearance, it would be cool, but I got the impression it was mentioned to make the point that even if Kara was a Cylon, the fact that she returned from the dead (so they thought) reminded both of the Adama men of how much a part of their family she really was.

I don't think the president will be killed, though she may get shot.  And I have a feeling that these "final 5" are different from the other Cylons in a way that hasn't been revealed yet.  I can't wait until next week's episode.  This one just left me wanting more.

I don't know if anyone saw the episodes in the original series where I think it was Apollo and Starbuck found an Earthlike planet called "Terra".  They were actually intercepted in space by these god-like beings and when they were there, their uniforms and vipers turned white similar to what Kara's viper did in this first episode.  I know that they like to build on the old series, so I am wondering if this is what they are doing.  Perhaps a similar thing happened to Kara that happened to Apollo and Starbuck in the original series.  

Kara mentioned something about a yellow moon, but I don't consider our moon yellow, though the photo she had looked like our moon.  And, she remembered passing thorough a triple star system or a triple binary star system, but I don't think there are any of those near us, too.  The thing that throws me off is that she said the stars were aligned correctly, but perhaps that could be wrong, too because I think the temple of Athena was built thousands of years ago and the alignment could have changed.

I think it's possible that the President is going the right way, but there are some divine beings trying to draw Kara and everyone else to another planet.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 3#3 desertdarlene's post

Great observations Darlene!  I saw the original series, but haven't seen it since it first aired, so I don't remember the incident to which you are referring, but it sounds highly plausible to me.  I was curious too when Kara mentioned the triple binary star system, as I don't think (though I'm no astronomer) that we have one in our solar system.  I agree, it's also likely that with thousands of years the stars would have moved, so the alignment wouldn't be perfect.

Maybe this was what the warning in Razor was referring to...that Kara would lead them in the wrong direction.  Roslin is probably right, and whatever happened to Kara out there, is trying to steer them off course.

I really can't wait until the next episode!

Reply 4#4 waterlilybarb's post

I think the classic episode was called  "Experiment in Terra"  and it's available on the net.  It was one of the last episodes on the main part of the classic series.  There were a few episodes in the last half of that series that referred to Terra.
Too legit to quit!

Sci.com

I just wanted to let anyone know that if you want to watch the episodes really early, Scifi.com is airing them on Fridays at 12PM noon, EDT.   But, it's live, only plays once, you can't rewind or pause it, and it plays on a tiny screen.   I just watched the latest one, but I won't comment on it for a couple of days so people here can watch it on the VIP channel.  It was pretty good.
Too legit to quit!

Love It

I started watching this show right here on vip about this time last year.  I love this show and I am glad its back.  Kara plays a deeper character with emotional baggage and a good heart.  I am real curious to see if she indeed turns out to be a cylon or some variety thereof.

Reply 6#6 desertdarlene's post

Is it only available for those in the US?  I couldn't tell when I checked it out, as I looked on Saturday.

Anyway, I just finished watching the new episode and it was great!  I'm too tired to really comment on it, but it's up on the site now, so I think it's safe to post your thoughts on the episode.  I'll post mine after I get some sleep.

Re: anorocle's post - I don't think Kara is going to turn out to be a Cylon of any sort.  Though I still haven't seen the episode from the original series, I have an inkling Darlene might be on to something since it would go along with Starbuck's being a harbinger of doom...or whatever she was called in Razor.

Just another thought before I drift off - does anyone else think that Baltar might be the 5th Cylon?  The way he was talking about music and the cacophony of the sound is awfully familiar.  Also, it could explain his connection to 6, and his new vision of himself.  OK, now I'm really going to try and catch some zzz's.

Reply 8#8 waterlilybarb's post

The episode should be available to everyone in the world, but it only plays at 12 Noon EDT in the United States (I just realized that there is a EDT for Australia, too) and it only plays once and then it's gone.  I don't know what time that is in your part of the world, but try it at that time next Friday.  I think timeanddate.com has a world clock to use.  

I hope it's playing next Friday, it said it was when I watched it.

I think it was funny that the Six that Baltar sees is of himself now.  I am wondering, again, if Baltar is a Cylon and that by them reconfiguring certain things, it has changed the way they interact with him.  But, it's hilarious because he's so sarcastic even to himself.

This "in-fighting" is kinda interesting.  I know that the one guy (Dean Stockwell's Character) seems to indicate that the final five have "evolved".  I am wondering if the final five were able to become completely organic.  That is, they are fully alive with no programming and can pro-create just like regular humans.  Didn't Cally have a baby with Tyrol?

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 4-13-2008 12:37 ]
Too legit to quit!

Reply 9#9 desertdarlene's post

Yes, Cally and Tyrol have a son, but so did Boomer & Helo, so I don't think the difference is that.  Remember Hera was a hybrid, and it was her blood that "cured" Roslin's cancer.  I'm wondering if Tyrol's baby has some special significance.

That's interesting - that the reconfiguring of the Raiders as the cause of his new visions of himself.  Very plausible.

The in-fighting amongst the "human" Cylons is definitely interesting.  I especially found it strange that Boomer would vote against the other 8s.  I think rather than the final 5 being completely organic, they are programed differently.  Even knowing they are Cylons, so far none of them has shown the disdain or hatred towards humans that the other Cylons have.  I imagine their mission is to get them to Earth and maybe be the leaders for the next generation of Cylons, or human/Cylon hybrids.  Either way, it will be interesting to find out.

I actually live in EDT (in Canada), so if I'm home, I'll have to check out Scifi.com to see if I am able to watch the episode there.

Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

I think Boomer's voting has to do with her connections with the human fleet. The number ones wanted the raiders reprogrammed so they would have no qualms about destroying the humans. The ability for the raiders to make decisions was what prevented them from destroying the fleet when they were in place to do so. Is this a demonstration of Boomer's apathy to those she used to live amongst?

The whole thing with the raiders brings back an important theme from Battlestar (IMHO). The final five appear completely human (supposedly), have led human lives, defend the human fleet, etc. - What makes them not human? Are they not physiologically the same as humans? We know they can feel emotions like humans (even Gina after her imprisonment and abuse reacted like a human). Of course, not all of the Cylons are that close to humanity, but we now see a further evolution in the 2's, 6's, and 8's with their empathy for the raiders. If the final five are completely organic like Darlene suggests, then are they truly still Cylons?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

108 123456
Thread