27 12
Thread
Printable Version

World Without End Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

World Without End Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

World Without End Premiered on Showcase on September 04, 2012

A paid assassin is sent to murder a king. A mysterious knight flees to the countryside, hotly pursued by the Queen's men. Two teenagers witness an incident in the woods that will change the course of a nation.

In the thriving town of Kingsbridge, the latest marketplace gossip is the strange circumstances of the King's death. The civil war is over, Kingsbridge's economy is robust and merchant coffers are full.

All is well in Kingsbridge until the two noble young men bring their wounded knight to the Priory to be doctored. Sir Thomas Langley surprises all by buying his sanctuary in the Church as a humble monk using a dowry from the Queen. What could he possibly have on Queen Isabella to warrant such support?

Without warning, Kingsbridge seems suddenly under siege. The Queen's ardent supporter, Sir Roland, marches in and usurps the Earldom of neighboring Shiring, condemning the reigning lord to death as a traitor. Roland's list of men, who supported the old King against Her Majesty is long – and they will all hang. The rest must pay dearly in taxes to support her claim to the French Crown - marking the beginning of the 100 Year War.

Caris, a visionary young woman, struggles to rise above the suffering and oppression in order to lead her people out of the dark times. In order to save Kingsbridge, Caris, along with her lover Merthin and Thomas Langley, build a community that stands up to The Crown and The Church. Their courage inspires a nation and throughout Europe commoners and peasants stand up for their rights and revolt against their oppressors - a new age emerges.

Source
Reelz
Showcase

Discuss Anything About World Without End Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-9-2012 16:28 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

JUST BEEN ADDED

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Now that is quick and considering the homepage says October 17 for the two hour premier

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well if they added two new pilot that are avaliable now i would be impressed

Reply 5#5 bala's post

My money is on Coma being the next addition

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yeah that a good bet as well shame we can't get points for guessing

Knight

Man this is a brutal show i wasn't expecting this much cruelty on a tv show but this really showed how life was horriable. I am not spoil what happen but you really need be be tough to watch it. How cruel much you to poision your own sister so that she could marry her husband so she could send her son oxford.

King

Like i said before this really is quite disturbing show and you do need tough to watch it. Selling your daugher for a cow because she wouldn't allow him to rape was worse but what a way for her escape and i kind of knew the bridge would eventually collaspe but what a way take advantage of an opportunity to kill someone so that her son would replace his boss.

1x01 Knight

What great use of the arrow through his arm and the sons fighting to see who lives and who dies with their father was barbaric but they did love to hang back in those days

1x02 King

Annet flirting with the Ralph was amusing but she looked like she was enjoying the men fighting over her and Merthin giving Elfric a kicking for hitting his wife was great but how embarrassing for Godwyn being asked if he still masturbates, I was hopping the bridge collapse before Mattie hanged but Petranilla taking the opportunity to drown her brother was interesting

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

You can see how times have changed no ways no mother would ask their son that

Prior

Well what a way to blackmail everyone into support his position as Prior but what a tragic ending for that girl but swearing on a novel pretending it's a bible was cruel. .

Check

Man how many people is that guy going to kill to stay in power and look like that Sister had a plan made her a nun was quick thinking .

1x03 Prior

I find it ironic that they blamed God for the bridge collapsing and considering the wealth the bridge brought them he now thinks they don't need it, moving the wooden step was predictable but also taking it as a sign from God was ridiculous and what a sacrifice to try and get the land back

1x04 Check

Ralph should of hanged for raping the girl but Godwyn and his mother being on a killing streak I hope gets them hanged but framing Caris for murder was interesting

Pawns

Well that was one hell of a last ditch effort from French king who thought he had lost

Rook

Wow plague look nasty and i am glad certain character got it but the continued time jump between every episodes is getting annoying. I understand they are trying to move the story along but i just notice all episode are chess moves.

1x05 Pawns

The state of the boys arm after trying to steal a pie was terrible but I should imagine that taught him a lesson he won't forget and the first across the water were lucky not to of been seen but the arrow attack was impressive

1x06 Rook

I see Godwyn is blaming God again, this time for the plague but Godwyn thinking the same God will save him and sicken her is hypercritical

27 12
Thread