23 12
Thread
Printable Version

Low Winter Sun Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Low Winter Sun Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Low Winter Sun Premieres on AMC on August 11, 2013

Low Winter Sun is a contemporary story of murder, deception, Revenge and corruption in a world where the line between cops and criminals is blurred. The story begins with the murder of a cop by a fellow Detroit detective. Seemingly the perfect crime, in reality the murder activates forces that will forever alter that detective’s life and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld. The pilot is based on the 2006 two-part British mini-series written by Simon Donald and starring Mark Strong. The original award-winning mini-series was produced by Tiger Aspect Productions (an Endemol Company). Chris Mundy (“Criminal Minds,” “Cold Case”) will serve as writer, executive producer and showrunner on the series. Jeremy Gold, head of creative affairs for Endemol Studios, oversees the project with Greg Brenman, head of drama for Tiger Aspect. The project is represented by CAA.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Low Winter Sun Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-16-2013 12:48 ]

Low Winter Sun (AMC) Trailer

1x01 Pilot

Detectives Frank and Joe thinking they had committed the perfect murder plan when they killed a fellow cop was an interesting way to start this show and Joe freaking out when he finds out IA have been investigating the dead cop was understandable

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-16-2013 06:35 ]

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

It was a good plan but the fact neither of them knew he was being investigated by IA should lead new situations and look like other side criminal are screwed because with him dead where can they get the information ?

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 The Goat Rodeo

I liked the way they tried to explain the wrist being from post-mortem damage but the water in the lungs was never going to match the river

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

You would think an experience detective would realise that ?.

I can't believe neither one of us figured that out because it did look like a perfect murder.

It would of been better if they had just burnt the body

No Rounds

Well they need to find a suspect but there had one who witness it but it wouldn't hold up in court room certainly made their jobs harder

1x03 No Rounds

The witness slipping up and saying that's what I remember rather than saying that's what I saw sounded suspicious and the fact he was describing the cop interviewing him I thought was amusing

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

This show certainly has some unintentional amusing moments

Catacombs

What bad timing having daughter get arrested while trying cover up what he did but him saying to his daughter that murderer probably started as shoplifter was rather amusing .

1x04 Catacombs

If Joe's daughter getting caught shoplifting wasn't bad enough but stealing condoms I thought was amusing and then airing their dirty laundry in the station was bad timing and what karma getting his own arm put in the hot saucepan after doing it to the other guy

1x05 Cake on the Way

If loosing the contents of the safe at gunpoint wasn't bad enough and then starting a gun fight too soon but as soon as the one was shot you knew he wouldn't make it

1x06 The Way Things Are

Frank tracking down Katia was predictable but saying he was just a customer was amusing and you just knew he wouldn't leave it there

1x07 There Was a Girl

What they did to Damon in the toilet was disgusting but pitting him against Maya to get one of them to talk was predictable and Boyd getting close should be interesting

1x08 Revelations

Frank using Sean's face to web-chat with Katia was interesting but it wasn't fooling her as she knew who it was by what he was typing but God help Joe if Frank finds out he pushed Katia out the window

23 12
Thread