28 12
Thread
Printable Version

Luck Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Luck Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Luck Premiered on HBO on December 11, 2011

This drama set in the world of horse racing about what happens in the clubhouse and the grandstand, but also on the backside of the track, where the training is done and where they house the horses

Homepage
Source

Discuss Anything About Luck Here

1x01 Pilot

The number 5 horse was lucky considering the jockey was told to ride him on the outside and the payout for the napkin pick six bet was awesome but tragic for the number 8 horse

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well i have to say this was a strong start to the series and it started off slow but the horse racing was exciting but you did feel sorry for number 8 and than see it put down was awful and look preview at end of the episode look like more drama ahead but you can see winning $2.4 is create a huge problem for those 4 winners since one of them has a gambling problem. Trying figure out the betting system was rather confusing for anyone who don't nothing about horse racing which might make the show a bit difficult to follow.

Shame we have to wait 1 more month rest of the episode but great preview of the first episode.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

How they filmed the number 8 horse accident was brilliant it really looked like his leg snapped and i wouldn't take my eye of that winning ticket until the money was in my hand

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

The sounds was awful but that cocky jockey certainly learnt a tough lesson

Reply 6#6 bala's post

He may have been cocky but you have to be impressed at the way he comforted the horse

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Yeah i suppose your right but i do question which is can a trainer bet on the horse since he has insider information ?

1x02 Episode Two

I thought the female jockey was being cocky when she said get used to watching her ass but the way she lead was impressive and the way the no #4 horse recovered an won after being impeded was great but the threesome beating was amusing

1x03 Episode Three

This episode was a little slow but Jerry pursuing the deal to buy the horse was interesting and that was some fall for the jockey, he was lucky it was only his collarbone he broke

1x04 Episode Four

I know what The Old Man meant when he said two hands on the wheel but for riding a horse i fond amusing but what a race after stumbling in the blocks and being six horse lengths behind to win was awesome and made The Old Mans cry

1x05 Episode Five

I am surprised the number 3 horse won after being hit by a stray horse shoe from the horse in front but the damage to the leg looked bad

1x06 Episode Six

Did that earthquake have a curious effect on Joey's state of mind because it looked like he was about to shoot himself but being hit by the ricochet was amusing and the stewards enquiry was obvious after the two horse collided but no change in the result was a good result, The Old Man being upset when the jockey, Rose used the whip was strange even after it won by six lengths

Luck which had been renewed has now been cancelled after 3 horses died on set during this season with the latest being within the last 2 weeks

Reply 16#16 spratt89's post

That is tragic for the horses but that's the nature of the sport and I'm sure they did nothing different to what would happen for real

Statement on Luck

It is with heartbreak that executive producers David Milch and Michael Mann together with HBO have decided to cease all future production on the series LUCK.

Safety is always of paramount concern.  We maintained the highest safety standards throughout production, higher in fact than any protocols existing in horseracing anywhere with many fewer incidents than occur in racing or than befall horses normally in barns at night or pastures.  While we maintained the highest safety standards possible, accidents unfortunately happen and it is impossible to guarantee they won’t in the future.  Accordingly, we have reached this difficult decision.

We are immensely proud of this series, the writing, the acting, the filmmaking, the celebration of the culture of horses, and everyone involved in its creation.

Quote from Michael Mann and David Milch:  “The two of us loved this series, loved the cast, crew and writers.  This has been a tremendous collaboration and one that we plan to continue in the future.”

1x07 Episode Seven

The kids uncle was a bit of an ass and you just knew when Lonnie made the claim on another horse that some thing would go wrong but who would of thought it was a solo claim

28 12
Thread