Thread
Printable Version

Lone Star Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Lone Star Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Lone Star Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 23:30 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i am really on the fence with this series the concept great but you must really like the characters

Another great pilot and a bit interesting situation since he's now a bigamist. So it will be interesting to see how Bob pull this situation off because it could easily come falling down on him but can you really love 2 different women?. how long before they fall out about each other?.

Doesn't look good

Fox is reportedly thinking about cancelling its new show Lone Star.

The series stars James Wolk as a Texas man living a double life with two different families. Adrianne Palicki and Jon Voight also appear in the programme.

The show's premiere was broadcast on Monday night but The Hollywood Reporter says that it received average ratings of just 4.1m viewers despite airing after House and receiving good reviews from critics.

Some reports have suggested that the show struggled to compete against Dancing With The Stars, Two and a Half Men and NBC's new series The Event.

Rumours have now claimed that Fox is considering axing the show, temporarily pulling it from the schedules or finding a different timeslot for it.

One agent, who represents a Lone Star writer, said: "No-one in TV should be happy about this. This is going to have a chilling effect on networks taking chances on anything but cookie-cutter shows."

Fox declined to comment on the rumours.

Source

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I like the way he swaps his phone and wallet and the new job sounds dangerous if he gets caught but what's the importance of the key ring his girlfriend gave him

Episode 2

Wow this was much better episode as he lost one of those phones and his fight with his dad was fantastic because he told him how bad his childhood was thanks to him. The phone is other wife car she didn't even notice it. He playing a lot of risk doesn't see how dangerous this situation is because so many things can go wrong.

i did how he gave year book story work to his benefit

look like the father take over the con

Fox cancels 'Lone Star' after two episodes

Fox drama Lone Star has been cancelled after just two episodes, it has been revealed.

Last week's opening episode drew a poor 4.06 million viewers, while the second episode on Monday night fared even worse, pulling in 3.2 million viewers.

According to Deadline, Fox has decided to axe the programme with immediate effect. Its Monday night slot will now be replaced by the third season of Lie To Me, which had not been due to air this early.

The studio has also ceased production on Lone Star, which was halfway through its sixth episode of filming. It is not yet known what will happen to the three unaired episodes.

Series creator Kyle Killen recently admitted that he was "gobsmacked" by the show's low ratings

Source

Reply 7#7 spratt89's post

Well i knew this was going happen

Reply 6#6 bala's post

The second episode was good and it looked like Gretchen would of been trouble but the mistake with the phone seamed out of place when he had that routine in the car

This has now been added to the Flash site

Thread