45 123
Thread
Printable Version

Lights Out Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Lights Out Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A retired boxer struggling to support his family as a thuggish debt collector is diagnosed with pugilistic dementia and slowly comes to terms with the fact that he's losing his memory due to all the blows to the head he sustained over the years. Though he's been moonlighting as the muscle for a bookie, he begins thinking the only way to truly provide for his family is to go back in the ring one last time for a big payday.

FX WEBSITE

1x01 Pilot

The first episode was OK, I'm glad he went back to the bar and they knew what they were getting in to before the fight but how can he turn down a $10 million purse when he's broke

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes those guys did get what they deserve but he had no choice but to turn it down because even if he's broke at least he has his sanity and if he does go through he could get worse injuries but i like how they show all different event in flashback mode near to the end so that we knew what he did.

Episode 2

Well slightly slower episode but his wife not knowing money problem and his dementia but his oldest daughter knows was good thanks internet search engines. I like that this typical boxing drama focus on his family but how long can he keep it up?

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I like the way they drop little hints about his dementia like forgetting where the car was and it's nice that his oldest daughter knows and has confronted him but asking her not to tell her mother was wrong

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I think she tell her soon

Episode 3

Well Omar was cocky boxer and you just knew it wasn't going end well but just when you think he was going to win the match he let his guard down with punch he lost the fight .

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I liked the story to her young daughter about how she first meet their dad and Omar was to arrogant but surviving ten rounds was impressive

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yes that's thanks talk in storage room if that didn't happen he wouldn't last 10 rounds.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Forgetting the golden rule to keep his right up was his downfall but the head slaps at the start was funny

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

it's a shame he didn't pay attention to that lesson slap was teaching moment he didn't even bother taking it in.

Lights Out on FX - Bolo Punch

He really get into a lot trouble thanks to his family

Episode 4

Well finally his wife finds out they are broke and it's going interesting see how they cope but going against UFC champion he was lucky he didn't get injured.

Lights Out on FX - The Comeback

Reply 13#13 bala's post

How embarrassing to be told your card had to be confiscated in front of everyone and he was lucky in the cage fighting to a different set of rules or was there any rules

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

It didn't seem like any rules anything went

The Comeback

Well another good episode but the daughter should of told her mother when they were discussing him going back in the ring and him asking his daughter to grow up and understand he has no choice.. i can see how angry when she finds out that he forced their daughter to keep it a secret

[ Last edited by bala at 2-9-2011 09:31 ]

Lights Out on FX - Combinations

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Lights was hard on Daniella and i thought his wife knew when she was talking about the x ray but i think it was the other fighter in the hospital

Combinations

Well i can't believe he was stupid enough drive with a passenger with his double vision after the hit .

45 123
Thread