48 123
Thread
Printable Version

Line of Duty Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Line of Duty Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A hard-hitting new thriller series explores the world of police corruption. When a counterterrorism raid goes tragically wrong, Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott refuses to participate in a cover-up.

Ostracised by colleagues, he transfers to an anti-corruption unit, AC-12, led by Superintendent Ted Hastings.

AC-12 is in the process of investigating one of the force’s most respected officers, Detective Chief Inspector Tony Gates. Not only has Gates just been awarded his regional force’s Officer of the Year commendation, his squad has returned the best crime figures for three consecutive years. Hastings is convinced that no one can be that good. Uncomfortable in his new role, Arnott initially questions the whole enterprise - but Hastings is convinced that no-one achieves those results by wholly legitimate means.

But Gates’ secret is something altogether unexpected. Appearing to be a devoted family man, he is conducting a passionate affair with an old flame, Jackie Laverty. When Jackie implores him to help cover up a minor traffic offence, Gates reluctantly agrees.

Gates’ squad, TO-20, is nicknamed 'the big, sexy crime unit' and includes Detective Sergeant Matt 'Dot' Cottan, Detective Constable Nigel Morton and Detective Constable Deepak Kapoor. Under pressure to have a more gender-balanced team, Gates agrees to give Detective Constable Kate Fleming a trial on TO-20. A talented detective, Kate soon wins Gates’ approval - and then starts winning his trust.

When Arnott delves into Gates’ case files, Gates is confident of seeing off the investigation. But that’s before he realises that Jackie’s minor traffic offence may have been something altogether more serious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre ... 6/line-of-duty.html

[ Last edited by bala at 6-27-2012 10:31 ]

BBC 2 Line of Duty ep 1: Stopping a suicide bomber

WOW

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Here is a banner

Episode 1

Well this certainly different show than i thought it was going to be but it should be intresting how it will get out of control that women is going be his downfall but delete the links after the other guy see them should make him suspious.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

What a colossus mistake shooting the father while holding his baby and all because they thought it was flat 56 instead of 59 with the 9 upside down and it was obvious Jackie knew she hit a man and not a dog, who would of thought the free breakfast was such a big issue when he caught the muggers

1x02 Episode 2

I assume the burglar was trying to jump in the canal water and interviewing the waitress about who Tony was having breakfast with cleaver, what a cliffhanger and frame up but the title of the next episode is a spoiler

1x03 Episode 3

I was surprised to see him up and about by the time the others arrived but taking the glass and cleaning the bottle has starting to make Steve act desperate but the cops loosing the car and Tony getting taken was a little careless, telling them all different lies about were the glass was to find out who was leaking information was sneaky

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes look like he has given up which is so sad and the fact that he was smart hide the glass in a police station dishwasher was rather smart.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I can see Steve finding that glass but without any prints or DNA he cant prove who took it

1x04 Episode 4

Kate is doing a great job at gaining Tony's confidence were Steve was failing and Morton being interrogated was interesting considering he has his suspicions about Kate but Cottan being the first to talk was a surprise and Steve didn't deserve that

PS being from Birmingham recognising Aston fire station as the one Tony broke into was interesting

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

That looked horrible but he really should taken back up with him instead of coming alone

1x05 Episode 5

I thought when Tony got home and found the dog that they might of taken his wife and kids, Morton spitting on Kate was a surprise and Kate's interview with Ryan was interesting but the confession in the car was great, the end was a surprise with the death of Tony and who the real bent copper was

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

The ending with all facts suggest that it was based on real events .

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Tony's last words gave the name of the show meaning

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Well yeah i like the way he ended it taking responsibility shame he thought the only way out was that

This has now been added to the flash site

48 123
Thread