23 12
Thread
Printable Version

NYPD Blue Season 1-12 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NYPD Blue Season 1-12 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NYPD Blue Premiered on ABC on September 21, 1993

NYPD Blue ran from 1993-2005 for 12 seasons. The show, described by its creator as "an R-rated cop show", was famous for being the first primetime American show with some mild nudity (almost entirely limited to bare butt shots) and some cursing and very colorful, mature language (but always stopping short of the f-word). It also introduced MTV-style motion cuts and faster pacing than generally previously encountered in most cop shows. While not originally conceived that way in the least, Dennis Franz's tough, street-wise ex-alcoholic cop -- flawed but basically honest and decent -- became the central character of the show, winning Franz four Emmys for best actor during his 12 year run on the show. The show was produced by Steven Bochco, previously renowned as producer of the equally critically acclaimed "Hill Street Blues".

Source
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About NYPD Blue Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-18-2012 18:53 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

I was just about post my one so glad i checked before posting

Season 1-3

I started this few months ago and only got upto 3rd season so it's nice to have all season on here. So i will start with first Andy isn't cop we knew but i loved how he overcame his alcoholism to become a better cop who would thought almost getting set up by his call girl would actually helped him recover and start become cop he was meant to be.

It's strange seeing some actors when they were younger because they really look young. The one thing i liked about this show it set a benchmark for all cop shows. It's going take me few months to finish this series but i am going to try.

I will start commenting from season 4 since kind of at end of 3rd season.

Season 4-7

Wow sorry i havn't kept this to update but a lot of thing have happen in these season

We are introduced Bobby and he is a good cop decent guy but they decided kill him off in start 6th season with health problem leading him to to die in the hospital. This hit Diana really hard who also a cop they fell in love during the 4th season and got married near season 5.

With Bobby gone Andy a new partner Danny who is a young cop but he has a bit issue with being a little too sensitive but man he has good choice women first one was amazing and with her pregnancy scare was a surprised but losing the baby was no surprise doctor said she couldn't get pregnant.  Second girlfriend was ok she certainly had more patient than first but she knew how walk out.

I love fact each of cop have a character flaw which make this very interesting to watch.

Season 8-9

Well these two season Andy get a new partner who is also young cop (John clark jnr) but Andy has a problem with his father.

Andy's new relationship came out of where i couldn't believe it how unlikely the relationship is but i got say it was a nice slow growing relationship with Connie. She really knew how to take it slowly without scare him considering the age difference but i am so glad she will be one looking spoilers i know she's the one Andy ends up with which is great because he deserves it after all he been through. Disappointed they didn't do the Disneyland episode skip over it. I am glad it took 2  seasons to develop this because cases were getting a bit boring and this relationship was the reason why i kept watching.

Season 10

Well this was exciting season,  the relationship between Andy and Connie get more involved to point where Connie has to adopt her sister baby because she died giving birth which lead Andy decided move from his place to Connies two bedroom place and let just say Theo isn't happy but than accidental seeing Connie naked when he woke up in morning was very amusing. What a way to ruin your wedding plans when your boss get shot from IA guy who beef with team.

Season 11 Ep 1-4

These episode revolved around the trial of IA guy shooting  Rodriguez and i can't believe he got off because he has a fantastic lawyer but we the audience know what actually happened. It really annoys me he got away with attempted murder .

Season 11 Episode 5 Keeping Abreast

Well this start serial killer case that run for next 4 episode but i will review each episode because there few things i want to discuss. First thing is that Diane return to this series from previous season , it was great to have her back on the show and the fact that Connie did look a bit jealous was amusing and finding out she might have breast cancer was great storyline.

Connie had every right to be concerned Andy comes home with bloody shirt as result of Diana situation.

[ Last edited by bala at 6-24-2013 18:16 ]

Andy Appleseed

Wow talk about a surprise for Connie finding out she's pregnant which was a shock to her because doctors told her she couldn't have kids.

The case of the serial killer case continue and it look like club manager might be involved.

[ Last edited by bala at 6-24-2013 18:16 ]

It's to Die For

Well now serial killer case is getting more serious more victims however we got one survivor and she able give them more information and Connie finally tell Andy she's pregnant concerned that it would freak him out but he seem happy about it.

And the Wenner Is...

So we find out who the killer is and talk about a surprise everyone think it was a guy it turning out to be suvivor was rather disturbing consider the reason why she killed all those women was because she got reject as waitress and thought if she killed those women who were in bar it would ruin the bar reputation.

The funny thing is she was only caught by accident because she didn't phone them to tell them she arrive home safe so cop go her place and break in thinking she was in danger they find out she's the killer. . If she had phone she could got away with it killing the 6th women.

Andy and Connie finally get married as conclusion to catching the serial killer.

Only Schmucks Pay Income Tax

Well i am not surprised that guy car got firebomb and got sent a poisoned snake for taking his bad advice not pay government taxes for his bad advice leading to those people being incarcerated .

You Da Bomb

Talk about jumping the gun when suspect get taken to station and was about to get released after checking his alba but his followers send a bomber to station who just had handcuff himself to Connie and is forced to hold connie hostage unless the suspect get released you can imagine how angry Andy is get give that suspect a beating.

Set another bomb next station garabage was effective proof the bomb worked

Passing the Stone

What a rotten con to do to honest jewellery owner get cheap rip off and telling him the thing he sold were fake when there were real   . I am glad Michael finally told them what really happened to his mother but you just knew Andy got through to him since Baldwin was just too soft on him.

Chatty Chatty Bang Bang

How unfortunate the rape was sick joke from husband girlfriend. The hit & run thinking it was black guy when turned out Italian mobster son was unfortunate since cost his dad his life   .

Take my wife

Of all the people to replace Lou i can't believe it's Gibson poor Andy having deal with him on top all issues he has.  

Colonel Knowledge

Well convince your pregnant teenage girlfriend to do suicide pac was cruel because he had no intention of killing himself since he paid concert ticket 3 days after they went commit suicide. so glad he going away for 10 years. Gibson bring his pet parrot into the squad room was ridiculous but Andy changing the message was amusing

[ Last edited by bala at 6-26-2013 14:16 ]

old yeller

What disturbing case of man kidnap young women and torching them for months but telling his wife he was govenment deprogrammeer was ridiculous . Shame they couldn't convict his wife.

On the Fence

Well this was interesting episode when  Hatcher get shot while off duty things get a little complicated andy think he's a bad cop but no evidence

23 12
Thread