Thread
Printable Version

Rizzoli & Isles Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Rizzoli & Isles Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hi there, the new show "Rizzoli Isles" based on the novels by Tess Gerritsen aired in the US yesterday.

Has anyone who lives there seen it? Was it any good? I keep hoping it will be added to the site soon as I'd love to watch it.

I love her novels and I bet it is good.

Anyone?

In the meantime I finished the latest TG novel and once again it was great.

It would make SUCH a good show too.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 04:35 ]

Reply 1#1 Teachergirl's post

I'm not in the US but have just finished watching the first episode which i thought was great, with Jane getting kidnapped by the serial killers after they ransacked her home she managed to get her revenge on the killer from her first case but she should of gone for dinner rather than go home

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-13-2010 16:42 ]

Sounds great! I can't wait to see it and I hope I can once it is on vip.... It sounds like a good show, thanks for your impressions of the pilot!

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes but did you notice rip off from her pervious cancelled show 'women murder club'. i am guessing you forgotten about that storyline with exactly similar details to what happen in  that series about the serial killer .

However this first episode showed promise as both character are opposite to each other. it's clear Isles is more outgoing while Rizzoli seems tomboy trying to be a cop. I loved how they decided go with dark murder seriously you really need to be twist get off on dead bodies.

my only concern this show might become a cliché with these two women after few episode.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I've not seen that show but i will check it out

I did not know that Tess Gerritsen had a show before..... it will be interesting to see what they do with Rizzoli Isles, if they bring in the actual storylines from the books or if it goes into another direction like Bones based on the novels by Kathy Reichs.
Actually, I'd have preferred a miniseries like they did for Mankell's Wallander.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I've now got the 13 episodes of the Women's Murder Club but will have to wait till the weekend to watch

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

you really didn't have to get them you know -it's a cancelled show . It's nothing to actually get excited about

Episode 2

Well the Boston Strangle case really was interesting because it's based on a real cold case

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Good episode i liked the fact that someone was jailed but it was still a cold case as well but the retired cop trying to frame who he thought was responsible is one thing but killing three women along the way was horrible

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yes but i seen that storyline before on cops shows

1x03 Sympathy for the Devil

Another good episode when Jane and Maura investigate the mysterious death of a young boy which looks like an attempted exorcism but after Jane's dream see figured who killed him but how tragic for the boy's father's to find out it was his wife

TNT Renews ‘The Closer,’ ‘Rizzoli & Isles‘ & ‘Leverage‘

Good news for fans of The Closer, Leverage and newcomer Rizzoli & Isles:  TNT has renewed all three.  No  surprise based on the recent ratings for all three shows.

Here’s the press release with the details:

TNT Orders New Seasons of Three Hit Series: The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles and Leverage

Rizzoli & Isles

Rizzoli & Isles, which is based on the crime novels by best-selling author Tess Gerritsen, stars Angie Harmon (Law & Order) as Boston detective Jane Rizzoli and Sasha Alexander (NCIS) as medical examiner Maura Isles.  These two close friends – and complete opposites – work together to solve crimes and bust some of Boston’s most notorious criminals.  Lorraine Bracco co-stars as Jane’s demanding and intrusive mother.  Rizzoli & Isles also stars Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill and Jordan Bridges.

With 7.1 million viewers, Rizzoli & Isles currently ranks as cable’s #1 new series for the year-to-date.  The July 12 premiere of Rizzoli & Isles was watched by 7.6 million viewers and holds the record as cable’s #1 commercial-supported series launch of all time.

Rizzoli & Isles is produced for TNT by Warner Horizon Television, Janet Tamaro’s Hurdler Productions and Bill Haber’s Ostar Productions.  Tamaro (Bones, Lost) and Haber (TNT’s Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King, TCM’s upcoming Moguls and Movie Stars: A History of Hollywood) serve as executive producers, along with Joel Fields (Ugly Betty).  Michael M. Robin (TNT’s The Closer) is a consulting producer.

Source

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yes all because she wanted a child

Good news about the renewal, I hope that raises the chances for the show to be added to vip- I would LOVE to see it and I tried to view from their website but of course- I am not in the US so no luck. But I heard from several friends in the US that it is a good show and one they plan to follow regularly.

Yay, just saw the message that it is on the list of shows to be added and I have managed to see the four episodes that aired so far.
I love the show. I like the main characters, the cases are good, there's quirks and all in all this is well made and entertaining. This goes on my list of shows to keep watching.

1x04 She Works Hard for the Money

Another good episode when a student is gunned down in broad daylight but it's crazy how expensive collage is and what she had to do when she lost her scholarship but i think the killer was obvious after he lied about the locker key and what Rizzoli did for the other girl was nice

Money for Nothing

Another great episode when Rizzoli and Isles having a typical girly fallout it made for an amusing episode but than they made up. . The fish dinner gala was funny

I really enjoy this show. THe dynamics are great and the cases are good and all in all, it is the kind of show I always love. So glad......... (a few of my regular ones have ended and I was worried about finding new favourites)

Reply 19#19 Teachergirl's post

they are back next month

Thread