Thread
Printable Version

Good Cop Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Good Cop Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Good Cop Premieres on BBC One on August 30, 2012

Good Cop is a drama series starring Warren Brown as PC John Paul Rocksavage. It begins as an ordinary day, but while out running on Crosby beach, John Paul runs into his ex-girlfriend Cassandra and their daughter Libby. He sees a glimpse of the family he could have had, but Cassie isn’t interested in a reunion. Later as he is enjoying lunch with his best mate and colleague Andy Stockwell he witnesses a gang of men mistreating a waitress. He ends up intervening and finds himself face to face with a very unpleasant Finch, who threatens to attack the next policeman that he sees. After beginning their shift John Paul and Andy attend what seems like another regular call out. After they arrive at the house though they see Finch and the gang from the diner are waiting. Andy ends up being badly beaten and the gang escape. Later that night, haunted by images of Finch, he returns to the house in an effort to make sense of it all and finds a loaded gun hidden under a loose floorboard. Finch then shows up and John Paul is forced to stand his ground and makes a decision that changes the course of his life and career forever.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Good Cop Here

Why does this show look similar to other cop show we watched last month line of duty i know different but themes are similar ?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Warren Brown is getting around with Luther, Inside Men and now this

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Damn i knew i recognised him just couldn't figure out where

1x01 Episode 1

Poor Amy being intimidated in the cafe and a close call in the toilet and why John waited till he got in to help Andy before calling for backup was bizarre but getting revenge for Andy was great especially the first one because he should of seen it coming, the car thief hiding under the car was amusing

This has now been added to the flash site

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

I was wondering the samething why didn't he call FOR back up when that what most cop would of done but focused on getting to him and don't uk cop carry gun surely he could fired on them to stop the beating but this was a slow drama .Hiding below the car was amusing .

Episode 2

Ok that guy trying to blackmail him should of known better since it was obvious he's next to get murdered . Is he planing to kill all those guys that were responsible for his partner death ?

1x02 Episode 2

What an idiot ringing Rocksavage giving him the heads up about the murder of Finch and another idiot breaking the window with cops inside but Amanda sticking the boot in was great and I would of given his name to the victim

1x03 Episode 3

With two possible witnesses to the last murder it is stating to get interesting and a tough call in if he should show the photos of his daughter to his dad as she wants them back and framing the other guy for the two murders would be great justice for Andy

BBC postpones Good Cop following Manchester shootings

BBC confirms airdate for delayed final episode

1x04 Episode 4

Now that's what I call a double close call with his girlfriend inadvertently saving her bloke from being shot by John Paul who was also saved from having to explain the death before the raid but Kyle trying car doors while being watched was amusing and Amanda posing as a student in an attempt to catch the two men was risky and John Paul was right when things don't go to plan but I wished he had run them off the road before being called off because killing Kyle by mistake wouldn't of happened

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Well i was disappointed Amanda got injured consider it was sting operations but she look awful but what she said to him about good man going to jail was right . he does seem to be getting more reckless by the episode

Thread