Thread
Printable Version

Mildred Pierce Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mildred Pierce Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mildred Pierce follows the titular mother who, during the Great Depression, finds herself separated from her husband, opening a restaurant of her own, and falling in love with a new man, all the while trying to earn her narcissistic daughter's love and respect.

HBO
Wikipedia

Discuss Anything About Mildred Pierce Here

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i can't stand kate winslet which why i won't be watching it.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I will watch this after i have finished the other shows

1x01 Part 1

I'm not sure what i was expecting but the first part was just OK, i did like how Mildred stood up for herself at the house keeping job for being told of for sitting without permission and then walking out and giving the boss a piece of her mind

1x02 Part 2

Veda is becoming a bit of a had full after she finds out her mother is working in a cafe but her home baking has come in useful for make so money on the side but taking the car keys of her ex husband was amusing and now she is opening her own place, going of with Monty on the spur of the moment was nice but coming back to find her youngest in hospital was and later died was tragic

1x03 Part 3

Mildred new chicken and pie restaurant got of to a great start even with the teething problems and the new piano teacher for Veda started of a little tough on her but she grows resentful when her mother add a bar to the restaurant and she don't get what she wants, the slap i could see coming but not her hitting her mother

1x04 Part 4

Veda is still a bit of a had full with her music playing not going her way and now she ends up in the company of society loafer but Sammy's mother surprises Mildred with shocking allegations about their children which was interesting and Veda singing opera on the radio after leaving home was good news for her mother

1x05 Part 5

Mildred does end up reconnecting with Monty, who is only too happy to have his newly affluent lover purchase his family estate in Pasadena but getting Veda to sing at the house warming for a surprise for her mother was great but the best part was a song for her mother at the philharmonic hall but when Mildred returned home to a shocking revelation that Veda was sleeping with Monty was to much and she tried to strangle her and almost ruined her singing voice

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Thread