35 12
Thread
Printable Version

Monday Mornings Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Monday Mornings Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Monday Mornings Premieres on TNT on February 04, 2013

Set at the fictional Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Ore., Monday Mornings follows the lives of doctors as they push the limits of their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings. The title refers to the hospital’s weekly morbidity and mortality conference, when doctors gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the staff at Chelsea General are Dr. Harding Hooten (Molina), the steely-eyed chief of surgery, and Dr. Jorge "El Gato" Villanueva (Rhames), the hospital's trauma chief. Their cadre of medical talent includes hotshot neurosurgeons Dr. Tyler Wilson (Bamber) and Dr. Tina Ridgeway (Finnigan); the abrasive Dr. Buck Tierney (Irwin); the socially challenged Dr. Sung Park (Sim); the petite-but-formidable Dr. Sydney Napur (Rao); and inquisitive resident Dr. Michelle Robidaux (Swallow).

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Monday Mornings Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-11-2013 19:21 ]

1x01 Pilot

How diabolical that 007 just gets his privileges pulled at that hospital when he appearers to have a licence to kill and loosing the little boy was tragic but the woman with the shakes had a tough choice as the only other patient he had done before was dead but why the husband asked what's the worst case was bizarre as he said the last patient died but what a great success

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well i wasn't looking forward to this series because i seen enough hospital drama in my life and most of them do end up being cancelled which is why i left as last episode to watch. I really like that doctor who was very abrupt with everyone   Could you imagine having him as a doctor but he certain helped. As for the boy it was tragic case but his boss telling him it was arrogance seemed a bit harsh since he seen to have a good record but it taught him something new.

I did find it strange it was only surgeons who attending that since for those remember Scrubs they did episode where all doctors were in attendance not just surgeons.

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Deus Ex Machina

Wow the brain dead patient being able to hold up his finger was amassing as half his head was missing and second that motion was priceless and what a tough decision for Trisha the 13-year-old with an advanced brain stem glioma who didn't want surgery, Harding shaving his head to match Trisha was amusing

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

It was amazing how he able to give the finger but this why he needed a second opinion

1x03 Who's Sorry Now

What a moral dilemma with the schizophrenic homeless man but the way they obtained consent needed for life-saving surgery was questionable and after surgery was a surprise,  I'm not surprised Sung was forced to meet with Risk Management's Fran after his questionable bed side manner

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

i was impressed Sung actually was ok with actual debrief with wife it was much better than what he said risk managment person.

Forks Over Knives

Well talk about awkward asking the doctor about her marriage was really out of line but than finding out she cheated on her husband with her collage was a surprise since i thought there were just good friends.

As for Christian scientist believer do that quick procedure against the advice was the right thing to do saving her life but afterwards making question her belief was understandable

1x04 Forks Over Knives

Tina being asked about her marriage in front of everyone was over the line and Sung's former patient with the shakes now suing him after the unforeseen side effect of abnormally increased sexual appetite was diabolical

The Legend And The Fall

Well taking it easy on his mentor really showed he can be nice but figure out the doctor has been having mini stokes during the meeting was good but the fact no-one else notice it in room full of doctors was rather surprising.

1x05 The Legend And The Fall

Dr. Arvin walks into the wrong procedure could of been fatal but Hooten reluctant to act on the complaints because he was his mentor was a surprise considering how hard he is on the others

Communion

Well this a nice change finding out it was his son that got stabbed but his reaction to finding out his son wanted to be an actor was amusing since he was worried he might be gay .

1x06 Communion

I'm not surprised Villanueva was stunned when he realized that the patient was his own son but how he got the other kids confusion was amusing and that was a strange request from the donor in a failed kidney transplant

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

I am glad Harding took it easy on him in the meeting and didn't go further into him lying to the person who stab his son .

35 12
Thread