36 12
Thread
Printable Version

Mad Men Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mad Men Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well this was an interesting show but one annoyance i have is amount of smoking on the show-i realise they are trying show culture back in 1930's but it really annoys me. on the whole concept of the show is very good but on series it's very boring but not boring in sense no story-line it fact that it take time for you get close to the characters it ain't one of those show you can say yep he's my favourite character more show to see what happens during the episode.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 11-22-2010 20:10 ]

Mad Men is set in the 60's, not the 30's.  I don't mean to be a pedant, but the era is, in many ways, the principal subject of the show.  That's one of the reasons it's not very engaging, at first; we invest in a show when we invest in its characters.  In other words, I agree with much of what you've said (though I'm not bothered by smoke I can't smell).  But I'm trying hard to warm up to the show, as I admire the complexity of its vision.  It's a satire of the 60's that's also a little bit in love with the era, which I find intriguing.

Suzy CC

Reply 2#2 suzycreamcheese's post

Sorry thank 1960's it is

have you seen all 13 episodes?

I'm not bothered by the smoking, it's just so weird to see people smoking everywhere, but that's how it used to be. Can you imagine?  Also the kids rolling all around the car as there mother is driving, pregnant women drinking, etc... we've come along way since the 60's.  I think that's what i like about the show, it shows how much has changed since then.

Mad Men Season 2 General Discussion (Spoiler might be included)

Mad Men, the network's first foray into original, scripted programming, will return for its second season on July 27,

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 11-22-2010 20:09 ]

hip hip HOORAY!!!!!

the show is set in the very beginning of the 60's so it feels more like the 50's.  I can't wait until the actual 60's emerges from this show, then it will become more and more interesting, although I feel like it's one of  the most well written shows on tv today.  
you have to keep watching it gets better and better

Reply 2#2 reremamore's post

Anyone excited?

Episode 1

i thought we would have to wait until tomorrow but they updated it, it been some time since i saw the last episode it seem like all character are still here, Coffee advertising-hmm i never understand people who like coffee i hate it, the air-line advert seem alright .Valentine episode seem a bit odd doesn't it?, peggy still trying to do the job of being first female ad girl but she getting there.

Talking to myself

I really do love this show even though the premier left me a little confused.  Am I the only one?

Reply 6#6 reremamore's post

nope if you watch above video you will hear season fast-forward 18 months

Anyone watching this?

Don and Betty's friends have important roles this week: Don's shows intense loyalty, while Betty's horseback riding friend, Sara Beth, shares some inner wishes.

Pete continues to be on the lookout for opportunities to move himself to another level at the office while Freddy may be sliding back down.

Reply 9#9 spratt89's post

do you watch it?

Reply 5#5 reremamore's post

yeah but one of those show that very slow you really need a lot patience to watch it

I'm still enjoying this show i still have last 4 episode watch today

Mad Men Season 3 General Discussion (Spoiler might be included)

Season 3 premieres on 08/16/09 at 10 pm

promo: http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/2009/05/video-promo-season3.php

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 11-22-2010 20:10 ]

Reply 1#1 Milks26's post

Thank you for letting us know -i honestly don't know what it is about this show but i really love it

Reply 2#2 bala's post

It pulls you in.   I gotta watch the last 3 episodes of season 2 before 3 begins

36 12
Thread