Thread
Printable Version

New Streaming

New Streaming

Help, the new streaming method is constantly buffering, any ideas or how to watch in RP?

Thanks

Sorry you're having trouble.  I don't know about using RP now.  I'm actually having great success with this new streaming.  I hope you get it worked out.  Send [url=space.php?uid=2]lbjedward[/url] a PM and he will help you.  Good luck!  
Recent Ratings
  • casper27 Points +5 Helping fellow member. 5-1-2011 07:16

Oops, that should just be lbjedward.  He's good about answering P.M.s

Reply 1#1 shaddock's post

Try letting it load a little longer before watching. If this doesn't work, come back and let us know.

Reply 1#1 shaddock's post

You will no longer be able to watch in RP on the site.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Takes multiple times longer to load. Sometimes takes several tries to get into load mode.
I've been putting up an episode and then going away and making dinner or reading a book.
But this now drastically limits how many episodes I can watch.
I've been very happy with VIPTV for years, but now I'm vastly disappointed.

Are there any other service similar to VIPTV???

Hi,

I seem have a problem with the new streaming method. I click on the play button, and nothing happens - no loading, nothing.

It initially worked once in firefox and once in safari, but now will not work in either browser. When I try to watch episodes in the pop-out window, the window appears as a black background. Nothing loads. I have tried updating flash and restarting firefox and safari. At the moment, unfortunately the site is completely useless to me. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Reply 6#6 donnamps's post

Have you tried all the suggestions in this thread => Flash Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread

Reply 7#7 pennylane07's post

Most people are getting better results with Google Chrome (although firefox works fine for me) so maybe give that a try. Look at the link I just posted above too.

Thanks for the tips guys. Really appreciate it. I did try everything on the flash troubleshooting board, and it didn't make any difference. However, I've managed to load two episodes (one after another) in safari. They are amazingly slow - 50 mins to load each 20 min episode, but it's a start! I'll download chrome and try that - thanks again for the help. You guys are great!

Reply 10#10 pennylane07's post

Pennylane, do you know what broadband speed you have? There's a link to speedtest.net in the link above and this will tell you. It might help us to realise if it's a bandwidth problem.

I'm blown away by how bad the service is since the recent change.  I used to be able to watch shows in an IE browswer with no buffering or I'd use RealPlayer & a 1 hr show would load on pause in 5-10 minutes tops.  Now, even at 100 mbps the shows are buffering literally every 3 seconds.  Even when I pause it & let it load a bit, it buffers when I have a surplus of pink on the progress bar.  It baffles me that a change could impact the users like this & nothing's been done about it.  Bring back RealPlayer!!  Go back to the old system!

Reply 12#12 hsgreenb's post

Have you tried any of the aforementioned suggestions?

Reply 12#12 hsgreenb's post

Quote:
Even when I pause it & let it load a bit, it buffers when I have a surplus of pink on the progress bar.
This sounds like a processor or graphics memory problem as the pink in the bar indicates what has already been loaded but I could be wrong.
I have tried to find something to help you by looking at related problems on tech sites from other people and here is what was suggested. They may or may not help but worth the try as they are easy to do and reversible if they don't work.
Power cycling your modem.
Updating Java
Increasing your bufferlength in your Java cache settings in your control panel then restarting your browser.
Raising your monitor resolution.

Also most people won't think of it but other codec(audio/video) that you may have on your computer can affect the buffering in certain browsers or on some sites.

Reply to Shinny

Re my post 6#6

I wouldn't  know how to verify all the issues that are mentioned, not being clued to tech things. I figured out my Mbps is 35 down and 32 up, though. I do have a Mac G5 10.5.8,
i have restarted at least twice since this all went down and still nothing. Took me almost an hour to load an episode of CSI:NY.

Thanks anyway for replying and attempting to help.
donnamps

:handshake

Reply 15#15 donnamps's post

It's a trial and error thing I'm afraid! What browser are you using? Have you tried Google Chrome as a lot of members find this has helped some of their issues. Are you running the most up to date version of Flash Player?

Thread