Thread
Printable Version

Highlander Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Highlander Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

He is Duncan MacLeod... the Highlander. He is Immortal, born years ago. He is not alone. There are others like him, some good, some evil. For centuries he has battled the forces of darkness, with Holy Ground his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it, his power. In the end there can be only one. He is Duncan MacLeod, the Highlander.

"I am a Watcher, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record, but never interfere. We know the truth about Immortals - in the end, there can be only one. May it be Duncan MacLeod... the Highlander."

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-5-2015 18:35 ]
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 1#1 01torres's post

Brilliant tv series very fast about the show post.
Will defiantly be having a catch up.

Reply 1#1 01torres's post

i check this show is more 10 years old-is it any good?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Never watched it so I don't know.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 3#3 bala's post

It is actually really good. It sort of follows the film theme but where as its Connor Mcleod in the film this features Duncan his "cousin". If i remember right Christopher Lambert the star of the original film guest stars in a few.

Quote:
Originally posted by casper27 at 1-23-2008 15:40  
If i remember right Christopher Lambert the star of the original film guest stars in a few
Yeh he does. The series was alright, I much preferred the film anyway.

Reply 3#3 bala's post

The show was great.  By being able to flash back to scenes over a 400 year old period and create fantastic , realistic,   scenery and costumes, it was able to create a movie like feel to every episode.  Also half the season was shot in Paris, so many of the settings for the flashbacks were authentic.  They were given permission to film in places in France that nobody else was given access to.  They shot a sword fight on top of the Paris opera hall as well as in the catacombs under the city.  Each show would weave a story between the past and the present and a fight between Duncan and the show's villain could be the climax of a 200 year conflict and they managed to convey that in the episode.

Well, just nowdays I saw it again on TV. Its still intresting, but not as exciting, then many jears ago, when it was made. MCLeod has a funny stile, his hair is tooo bad

Thread