Thread
Printable Version

Eureka Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Eureka Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Eureka Season 1 Here

Click Here For The Eureka About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Eureka on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 21:55 ]

Reply 1#1 casper27's post

I just watched Episode one and I am sucked in already!!

I agree that there is so much scope for material in this show. It is very original and innovative. On to episode 2.......

I believe the plural of genius is genii, that’s stuck somewhere in the back of my mind!!

*Edit* Nope, it's actually geniuses. Genii, is a something to do with some Roman God who was a genius (I believe). I knew I recalled it for a reason though !!

[ Last edited by shinny at 2-3-2008 23:43 ]

I have to say season one was my fav of the 2 seasons.  I to got sucked in as soon as i started watching this show.  i had never herd about it before but it is a gem of a find.  can't wait until the new season starts!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

season 1 was my favourite

I have to agree season one was brilliant I think because it was all brand new and shiny. Don't get me wrong season 2 was really good but just the way that the first season sucked you in made it compelling viewing. I just love he way they brought Carter in and the whole delinquent  daughter thing was Genius.

Reply 5#5 casper27's post

Hey, folks.

I've always wanted to watch this show...loved the concept...town full of scientists & geniuses.

Anyway, the other night I watched the pilot. It did not suck me into the show like I thought it would, (Like the 4400 did) but it was still a decent pilot.

looking forward to enjoying the series.

Episode 1: Pilot

This was a brilliant season premier and it has done a great job of introducing us to a few of the main characters, It was funny when Jo took Carter down at the Sheriff's Office when she saw he had a gun, I loved the upgrades Henry did to Carter's car, Carter finding the boy hiding in the RV was good as everyone else missed the clues in the RV, the scenes that Zoe and Jo had were great to watch, I could not stop laughing when Taggart shot Vincent with that dart, Carter may not know allot of things but he is the one that figures out that Allison's son is the one who can solve the situation, the ending to this episode with 1) Beverly killing Susan and making it look like suicide and 2) Carter being given the Sheriff's job was a good ending to this episode.

Episode 2: Many Happy Returns

I thought this was a very good episode, I like how this episode started off where the last episode ended, I like the tension that has started between Carter and the new character Nathan Stark who is still Alison's husband, I love how Henry does basically every job in Eureka except for Sheriff, Carter's new home which is a smart house run by an AI called Sarah is brilliant and is going to make for some funny moments in future episodes, It was funny when Carter had to say sorry to Sarah for being late for dinner, the look on Carter's, Jo's and Allison's face when they saw a second Susan who they just buried was funny, a perfect ending to this episode with Zoe turning up.

Episode 3: Before I Forget

This was a great episode, I enjoyed all the Zoe scenes in this episode and my favourite one was Zoe acting with Putnam directing, the main things I liked about this episode was that Jason finally got what he deserved after every bad deed he had done in his life and Henry winning Kim's heart in the end which results in them going on a date watching Zoe's play which I thought was great ending to this episode, Carter is getting smarter with each episode in my opinion and the way he would not let go of his instincts in solving the crime was very impressive to see, I am still holding out for something to happened between Carter and Allison.

Episode 4: Alienated

This was another great episode, a few things that stood out for me in this episode was  1) Carter and Jo working on their personal issues and 2) Congressman Faraday and Beverly having some sort of plan going on which in my opinion makes for a interesting storyline, my favourite part of this episode has to be how far Carter would go to protect and save his friends from trouble, I absolutely loved the way that Jo, Taggart, Fargo, Vincent and Spencer acted after they were effected by a test that was going on at GD, the comment Carter made about whose idea was it to give Fargo a gun was funny, I wish Stark would have more confidence in Carter's ability as Sheriff.

Episode 5: Invincible

This was a very good episode that kept me entertained all the way to the end, the  storyline involving the artifact is interesting to watch due to the fact that I don't know where the storyline will take us, Dr. Carlson was a very good character for this episode and the way he left the show was very well done in my opinion, the best part about this episode was when Carlson got the ability to read peoples minds which resulted in Carter getting seriously wounded, I thought it was funny that Zoe and Vincent have a bet on Carter's sex life, I feel bad for Carter as he always seems to get hurt like he is accident prone or something.

Episode 6: Dr. Nobel

I thought this was a brilliant episode, Fargo really should never be trusted with anything as whatever he touches ends with something bad happening, I would love to retire and live at that Retirement Home for former scientists, I thought it was hilarious when Carter kissed Eugenia, Carter must be the only one in Eureka who can think quickly when disaster is about to happen and it showed in this episode as he stopped the death ray from hitting the moon, it was great when Dr. Thatcher got Stark's Nobel Prize Award thanks to an idea by Carter, Dr. Irvin Thatcher and Eugenia were brilliant and interesting characters in this episode.

Episode 7: Blink

This was a very good episode in my opinion, I loved how Carter, Jo and Henry worked against GD orders to solve the crime at hand in this episode, I could not stop laughing when Stark said he needed more evidence to believe what Carter was saying and then Fargo comes in moving at the speed of light, another part I found very funny was when Carter stopped Dylan by throwing a baseball at him while he was moving at light speed, I wish Eureka would do one thing that was not with science as they kind of ruined baseball in this episode a little bit but it was still a good way to end this episode with Alison outshining Carter during the early stages of the baseball game.

Episode 8: Right as Raynes

This was a great episode, Callister Raynes was a interesting character and I loved the twist that he turned out to be a robot, Zoe was outstanding in this episode, Zoe and her red hair was a great idea in my opinion, I think Carter went a bit over the top when he had ago at Zoe outside of Beverley's, It was nice to see a different side to Stark in this episode and another thing that was nice to see was Stark and Carter actually getting along by the end of this episode, my favourite parts of this episode were the scenes towards the end at the bus terminal with Carter, Stark, Zoe and Callister all having their moments.

Episode 9: Primal

This was a very good episode, I have said it before and I will say it again never let Fargo do anything and my point was proven again in this episode, one stand out moment for me was when Carter kissed Allison to make Stark mad just to bring all the fake Stark's to the same place so they could be destroyed, I always enjoy the Carter and Taggart scenes and their best scenes in this episode was them crawling though the tunnels in GD, I thought the ending to this episode with the party was brilliant and  Carter by the look of it accidentally put Allison and Stark back on the same page with each other, Carter taking his wedding ring of is a good bit of Character development.

Episode 10: Purple Haze

This episode was both great and hilarious, the way Jo acted in this episode was great to watch and I loved how she kept spraying water at Fargo and Seth once they were in jail, Allison quitting her job and trying to get together with Carter while acting weird was good and Beverley revealing secrets was also good but I just wish we got to hear some of them, I liked how they still managed to continue the artifact storyline even during the crisis of everyone acting weird, the ending to this episode was a shocker as I never expected Henry to say he was leaving Eureka, I look forward to the next episode to see what the fallout is from Henry's shocking announcement.

Episode 11: H.O.U.S.E. Rules

This is my favourite episode from season 1 so far, this episode did an outstanding job of dealing with the fallout from Henry's announcement in the last episode, Sarah and then Brad holding Carter, Henry, Allison, Stark, Fargo and Beverley hostage was great fun to watch, I loved the twist at the end when it became clear that Sarah did what she did as she did not want to be left alone, I thought Jo and Taggart did a great job with their roles in this episode and they did kind of save the day and ended it with a kiss which was a little shocking to see, Zoe done well in her small role in this episode.

Episode 12: Once I A Lifetime

This was a great episode in my opinion and a great way to end the first season, I loved seeing Carter and Allison together even if it was 4 years in the future, If I was in Henry's shoes I would of done the same thing to try and save the love of my life but I would also of done what Carter did to stop Henry, I have to admit that Jo and Taggart actually make a pretty good couple, It may be me but Beverley is pretty good for the show as the show needs a villain of sorts, the only problem I really had with this episode was that future Zoe ended up being the Class Valedictorian, I found that a little far fetched.

Thread