50 123
Thread
Printable Version

Signed Sealed Delivered Season 1 General Discussion Thread ( Spoilers)

Signed Sealed Delivered Season 1 General Discussion Thread ( Spoilers)

Movie Premiers October 12, 2013 and TV series 20 April 2014

Created by bestselling author Martha Williamson, "DEAD LETTERS", follows a quirky quartet of civil servants in the Dead Letter Office of the US Postal System who transform themselves into an elite team of lost-mail detectives. Their determination to deliver the undeliverable takes them out of the post office into an unpredictable world where letters and packages from the past save lives, solve crimes, reunite old loves and change futures by arriving late but always miraculously on time. The intrepid bunch is led by the charming and handsome (but idiosyncratic) Oliver who still considers the stamped and mailed letter to be the gold standard of human communication. His hapless team of lost letter experts, free-spirited Rita and oddly-intuitive Norman, are thrown for a loop when a beautiful, no-nonsense technophile named Shane is mistakenly transferred to their inner sanctum. Shane inspires the lovable crew to step up in a risky and unorthodox way, beginning with a chance to clear the name of a wrongfully accused man and reconnect him with the love of his life

Show Site

Movie Review

I watched this movie during Christmas 2013 and i had no idea this was going made into a tv series and i really enjoyed the movie because it show the side of post office i think none of us know about what happens letter who address can't be read by machine they actually have a department who deal with this .

This was a nice movie but i really do hope the writer have good storyline in place for the dead letters because without that this series wouldn't work. . Who would of thought the new employee would create so much trouble for Oliver who has the department running the way he wanted but you just knew by end of movie she would want to stay with them.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-20-2014 12:45 ]

Pilot

Who would of thought a kid letter would turn out to be so dangerous for his family who were in witness protection but i love how persistent they were getting to bottom to the mystery and Rita providing a distraction was great.

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I had a felling when Shane was rushing to buy her coffee because she was running late it would be at Oliver's place and Kelly's letter taking a balloon ride was lucky to ever get into the postal system but as she was dying and it took almost a year to get to the post office you did wonder if she is still alive and with Charlie being in prison because she was his alibi was unbelievably rotten luck but what a great ending with her turning up on the bridge

1x01 Time to Start Livin'

I'm glad they have a new supervisor who is on their wave length as running up against the one in the film would of got tiresome and the letter from the boy in witness protection was interesting, I'm glad they contacted the police

1x02 To Whom It May Concern

Well this was an emotional episode with a young women who was saved by American solider and given an American education but taking 4 years to get the letter was long time but what great timing for the reunion just as she was graduating from college.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

The letter to Buzz from Sam was emotional but getting him to her graduation from college was great timing and what a great graduation speech especially wearing the red sock

1x03 Soulmates

Another new supervisor was disappointing as the last one was a better fit and now only having a day to find the recipient before shredding it doesn't give them much time but It's a good job Rita could remember the lover letter after it was burned

This has now been added to the flash site

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yes but i kind of annoyed it was a happy ending it's not realistic but i do find it amusing no-one from team figured out letter could be older than a week considering how many times they done this .

The Masterpiece

Well this one had a bitter-sweet ending and they really pushing Shane and Oliver love story but why do i suspect that if they do hook up his France ex will return to complicate things. .

1x04 The Masterpiece

Rita's autobiography being a hit with the boss was nice and Norman not realising he's in the book was surprising but Henry finding out he's lost his son and gained a granddaughter in the same breath was sad

1x05 The Edge of Forever

The urn not being reported missing was sad as you would think someone would miss the ashes of a loved one but as the daughters explained it started to make sense and the treasure hunt was emotional

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

This was one hell parting gift getting the sister to forgive each other but finding out their father died in twin towers attack was so unfortunate leading to sister blaming each other for the situation but being able to get bottom of the situation was great.

I really hope they are not trying pair up Oliver with Shane because that would be annoying.

50 123
Thread