Thread
Printable Version

Free Agents Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Free Agents Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Free Agents Premieres on NBC on September 14, 2011

Based on the witty, cult U.K. series of the same name, "Free Agents" is a crooked, romantic comedy from creator John Enbom (Party Down) and Emmy Award-winning director Todd Holland ("Malcolm in the Middle") that explores the trials and tribulations of finding love and companionship - the second time around.

Hank Azaria ("The Simpsons," "Huff") stars as newly divorced Alex, who is missing his kids and trying to keep himself together. Alex's co-worker Helen (Kathryn Hahn, "Hung") thinks she has it together, but she drinks too much in order to cope with her fiance's untimely death. It's no surprise then when these two overworked public relations executives share an ill-fated night of passion and are forced to cope with the awkward aftermath.

Thus begins the journey of two lost and emotionally damaged souls in search of happiness. Joining the cause is an array of co-workers who are both helpful and meddling at the same time. Stephen (Anthony Head, "Merlin," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") is the office boss who is concerned about Alex's emotional stability, yet needs him to focus on his work; Dan (Mo Mandel, "Love Bites," "Modern Family") is a bachelor in search of a wingman; and Gregg (Al Madrigal, "Wizards of Waverly Place," "The Daily Show") is the nerdy, lone husband of the group. Despite their valiant and well-intentioned efforts, they are failing in their attempts to help Alex get back into the dating scene. In addition, Emma (Natasha Leggero, "Ugly Americans") is Alex's spitfire assistant, who is always ready with a quick comeback, and Joe Lo Truglio ("Backwash," "Mad Love") is the building security guard who is always ready to share a little advice. Together, this motley, and often dysfunctional, group takes on a new level of damage control.

"Free Agents" is a production of Universal Media Studios in association with Dark Toy and Big Talk Productions. Enbom is executive producer/creator along with executive producer/director Holland. Ira Ungerleider and Karey Burke ("Miss Guided") executive produce, along with Big Talk Productions' Kenton Allen ("Free Agents," BBC Network) and Nira Park, as well as Chris Niel.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Free Agents Here

i am giving this a pass since it doesn't appeal to me for some reason  

1x01 Pilot

Alex describing his night of passion and various positions of the night before in the boardroom while Helen was there was amusing considering she instigated it

1x02 What I Did for Work

Emma trying to flirt was amusing but loosing it over the spin doctors before their date was crazy but the way she saved the clients account was great

This has now been added to Realplayer site

1x03 Dr. Hu

Helen dating Alex's therapist was amusing

Free Agents Cancelled

After another anemic 1.0 adults 18-49 rating last night,  another "water is wet" outcome. NBC has very unsurprisingly pulled the plug on newcomer Free Agents.  Those of you who had Charlie's Angels in the 'next show to be canceled' pool, sorry!

Source

Reply 8#8 spratt89's post

Well i knew it so glad i went with my instincts and not watch this show

Now let's guess what next show to be cancelled is going to be ?

1x04 Rebranding

Helen asking Alex over after their new dates were a flop was predictable but asking him to stand on the street corner for eleven minutes so they wouldn't arrive at work together was priceless

Thread