26 12
Thread
Printable Version

Moone Boy Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Moone Boy Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Moone Boy Premiered on Sky One on September 14, 2012

Moone Boy, set in Ireland in 1989, takes its cue from Chris O'Dowd's episode of Little Crackers, which told the story of a young boy and his imaginary friend.

The show explores the life and adventures of Martin Moone and invisible buddy Sean, using Martin's chaotic, scatter-brained family life as a backdrop.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Moone Boy Here

1x01 Men of the Houses

The cupboard full of Readybix just to get the tokens for the bicycle was amusing but the bullies smashing it was disgusting and Trisha's boobs being the key to getting a bully protector was priceless

1x02 Bunch of Marys

Martin's mothers new haircut was bizarre as it was called the Mary but his dad thinking he was in the wrong house was classic and what they were willing to do for the donation was amusing

1x03 Another Prick in the Wall

Martin falling for Sinead's pranks when she covers him in make-up while he's asleep was amusing but going to school like that was priceless

1x04 Dark Side of the Moone

Martin's birds-and-the-bees talk with his Mum and Dad was bizarre

1x05 Godfellas

Martin's confirmation service leading him to want to be an alter boy was bizarre and Fidelma joining the church choir was interesting

1x06 The Bell-End of an Era

That was one hell of a bombshell Fidelma managed to drop about being pregnant

2x01 Boylé, Boylé, Boylé

Martin doing a runner during the Italia 1990 World Cup in Boyle was strange and the Irish do know how to party but I cant believe they didn't notice Martin was missing on the way home

I remember years ago, when I was about 10 or 11, I left home after a row with one of my siblings. I was gone for about 3 hours and nobody noticed. I was so annoyed when I came back!! lol.

I think the whole Italia '90 is lost on anyone who isn't Irish. It was a massive time for us, we hadn't qualified for the World Cup ever before that so there was a bit of hysteria around the whole country. Even people who weren't soccer fans got into it. I remember our school letting us off to go and watch some of the games. It was a great time!!

2x02 Moone Dance

Martin fantasising about his teacher was understandable but the clay model was priceless and the dance he did look stupid

2x03 Ghost Raft

I'm impressed the raft made it without falling apart and Fidelma not being allowed to read in church because she's pregnant was surprising but the silent mass in protest mass was amusing

2x04 Handball Duel

Liam's long-standing rivalry with the bank manager was amusing and I cant believe he won the golf match using his hands only

26 12
Thread