41 123
Thread
Printable Version

NYC 22 Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NYC 22 Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NYC 22 Premiered on CBS on April 15, 2012

NYC 22 follows six diverse NYPD rookies as they patrol the gritty streets of upper Manhattan. The new trainees include Jennifer "White House" Perry, a former college volleyball star and Marine MP in Iraq with a take-charge attitude; Ray "Lazarus" Harper, the oldest rookie and a former police news reporter with better sources than most seasoned cops; Tonya Sanchez, who comes from a family with a criminal history; Ahmad Kahn, an Afghani native who fought his way to freedom; Kenny McClaren, a fourth-generation police officer with great instincts but qualms about joining the force; and Jayson "Jackpot" Toney, a young basketball legend who squandered his opportunity in the NBA. Their demanding Field Training Officer, Daniel "Yoda" Dean, is a case-hardened, unsentimental veteran of the force who emphasizes basics and holds each cop accountable for their actions. Rounding out the team is Sergeant Terry Howard, a no-nonsense plainclothes officer from the Gang Intel Unit, who trains the rookies on how to keep the gangbangers at bay. With unique backgrounds, personalities and reasons for being on the force, the new cops will make their share of rookie mistakes while they figure out how to relate to their boss, each other and the people they swore to protect.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About NYC 22 Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:30 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

What the difference between Rookie Blue and this show?

We have too many cop show on TV ?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I agree, besides the backgrounds it's the same concept.

Reply 4#4 kellemanske's post

That the problem look success of rookie blue and think they can copy it

What happen to creating original show like Person of interest or Burn Notice?

NYC 22 - Season 1 Promo

Pilot

Well this was ok episode not the best but very watchable but i have say first day on a job is suppose to be easy but walking into domestic situation without her partner was risky. i know they are new but since there were trained they shouldn't make this mistake. It does seem each of these characters have flaws but it will be interesting.

Did anyone spot the cop who was in both this and rookie blue ?

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I think this was an episode very much like the pilot of Rookie Blue with them making mistakes and then getting lectured by the boss, but I thought the pilot of Rookie Blue was better.
For some reason this didn't stick with me. I will be watching the next episode, but I don't know about the entire season.

Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

Yeah i know what you mean these character came off quite awful

Reply 9#9 bala's post

we hardly got a backbone, just random facts and half stories. I didn't like that part at all.
And the metro. Two of them were actually in the same cart and they didn't even talk?!
There was no bounding in the club afterwards, no teambuilding, no talking at all...
And please the Afgan guy, can you be anymore cliché? Son of Sam, is that a terrorist? Oh, just a normal criminal than.

Reply 10#10 kellemanske's post

Well think about there are all strangers they came from different training centre unlike rookie blue who seem all been trained at the same place hence no bonding but i am sure after few episode they will start bonding. it's like first day in a job no-one talks to you after few week you get to know people.

I agree about the Afgan guy i have a few friends that from same place but they are the most friendly people i have ever met this guy is the complete opposite.

NYC 22 1x02 - "Firebomb" Promo (HD)

Firebomb

Well i felt this was a much better episode than pilot and some good storyline i had feeling it was one of tenants but kind of stupid evidence out in plain sight if you planning bombing surely gotten rid of all those bottles .

NYC 22 1x03 Promo - "Thugs and Lovers" (HD)

Thugs and Lovers

Finding that guy second time was luck

Reply 7#7 bala's post

1x01 Pilot
I thought I recognised Lazarus from The Unusuals and if I'm not mistaken Yoda was from The Line but didn't recognise anyone from Rookie Blue, what a first day on the job all around with the street brawl, domestic and dead body

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

I must of got confused

1x02 Firebomb

How many chances are they going to give T-Rex and the guy in the suite looked suspicious and deserved to loose his suite but what an idiot bringing attention to himself with the whisky bottles in his apartment

1x03 Thugs and Lovers

The bank robber using a harmonica to hold up the bank was unusual and nice work on the subway but Yoda having Lazarus back after what happened in the bar toilet was nice

41 123
Thread