28 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Good Place (NBC) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Good Place (NBC) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Good Place Premiered on NBC on Sep 19, 2016

From Michael Schur, executive producer of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and " Parks and Recreation", comes a smart, unique new comedy that follows Eleanor Shellstrop, an ordinary woman who, through an extraordinary string of events, enters the afterlife where she comes to realize that she hasn't been a very good person. With the help of her wise afterlife mentor, she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome (or at least the pretty good) person within.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Good Place Here

1x01 Pilot

Michael describing how Eleanor died was amusing but she should think herself lucky they made a mistake as the bad place sounds terrible

1x02 Flying

Chidi blaming Eleanor for the mayhem outside was understandable after the party and she is making thing hard for Chidi to help her

1x03 Tahani Al-Jamil

Chidi had his work cut out trying to teach Eleanor to be kind to her neighbour as she was convinced Tahani was the one who sent the note but Jianyu sending it was a surprise

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Yeah but should told her soulmate it's not her

Why not keep it quiet

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

What she did with garbage was wrong but cleaning it by herself did look good until we found out she was using the assistant to do all the work

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

There was something odd about him not speaking did make it obvious he was hiding something

1x04 Jason Mendoza

Jianyu / Jason pretending to be a Buddhist monk was a great way to go unnoticed but Eleanor misunderstanding his bud hole was amusing and trust him to slip up in-front of the others

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

I honestly don't know who lives was worse Jason Mendoza or Eleanor . This series really makes you question your life choices and even though it's comedy it's very thought provoking most comedy i forget but this one makes me think about myself.

1x05 Category 55 Emergency Doomsday Crisis

Chidi being the one under the microscope when the Neighbours moved in was surprising and Tahani trying to improve her ranking was amusing

This has now been added to the VIP site

1x06 What We Owe to Each Other

Chidi agreeing to be the third wheel was stupid but at leased we know who Tahani sole mate is and Eleanor putting all the food out for the dog was asking for trouble

1x07 The Eternal Shriek

Eleanor willing to let Michael retire rather than come clean about her being the problem was predictable and wanting to kill Janet rather than tell him was over the top but at leased she has finally let the cat out the bag

1x08 Most Improved Player

What a stroke of luck Eleanor didn't Janet but what she did to her room-mate was disturbing

28 12
Thread