Thread
Printable Version

State of Georgia Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

State of Georgia Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

State of Georgia Premieres on ABC Family on June 29, 2011

State of Georgia, an ABC Studios' Production, is a half-hour multi-cam comedy series starring Raven-Symoné as Georgia, an aspiring actress with a larger than life personality and her science geek best friend who try to make headway in New York City. State of Georgia will be executive produced by Kirk J. Rudell and Jennifer Weiner (author of the best-selling novels "Good in Bed", and "In Her Shoes" (Cameron Diaz and Toni Collette starred in the feature film version by the same name). Majandra Delfino (Roswell) also stars as Jo and Loretta Devine as Aunt Honey.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About State of Georgia Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 6-30-2011 07:06 ]

Pilot

I really liked this show.  It was funny and quick and there was good chemistry.  PLUS they are southern and that's ALWAYS a plus.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 3#3 arksongbird80's post

Georgia flirting with the casting director was amusing and Jo kicking the ant on the girlfriend was priceless

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well this is so different from other show that so raven which was amusing to watch when i was a teenager but you could see similarities in her role. I liked how she proved she seduce people but with food was interesting way to do it they do say key to man heart through his stomach but she did get call back.

1x02 Flavor of the Week

Jo getting tricked for a kiss when the guy's when they pretended to crack the hidden recipe to her favorite yogurt was amusing

1x03 Best Friends For-Never

Georgia opening her big mouth with Jo's friends was amusing so I'm not surprised Jo got her own back with Georgia's friends and some of the bathroom scenes were great

1x04 The Mole

Jo trying to find Brian on Facebook for Georgia was amusing and it did look like Jo's math student Mikey was in love with her when he scheduled a tutoring session for Saturday night but how wrong she was, was funny

1x05 Know When to Fold 'Em

Georgia putting those clothes in that woman's bag all because she didn't want to hang them back up was terrible but the way they treated the customer in the hope of not working late was amusing

Mo' Honey, Mo' Problems

I loved that the girls thought Aunt Honey only had $.79 in her account.  Very funny. Next time maybe just talk to her.

There's a place for us

I really enjoyed Patrick in this episode and I hope his bar is one they frequent often.  It could be there place.   

Funny that he made copies of the picture for the "losers" to get into the bar with!! hahaha

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

The name of the P.W.O.R.N network was amusing and the 42 cents on her bank statement was a scream but was obvious she had an explanation for it

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

The trouble the girls went too to get the picture from behind the bar was amusing considering he had a stack out back was amusing

1x08 R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Aunt Honey helping Georgia get her first break was nice but taking over didn't help and the sing off about Honey's money was amusing

1x09 Foot in the Door

Georgia being an extra was amusing but telling him there are plenty of alleys where a girl can make a living when she was fired came out wrong but was funny and what she went through to get her foot in the door literally was priceless

1x10 The Popular Chicks

Trust Honey to comeback early but bragging  to a rival about having good concert tickets was stupid considering the tickets are going to cost $900 and Jo getting Jason Derulo to pick them up was impressive

1x11 It's Not Easy Being Green

The things Georgia and Jo did to impress the two eco-friendly farmers they're dating was amusing and you just knew them watering their flowers would be a disaster

1x12 Locked Up, a Broad

You just knew as soon as Honey told Georgia that the special dress was off-limits that she would try to get it but having the room wired was amusing

This has now been added to the Flash site

Thread