55 123
Thread
Printable Version

The Soul Man Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Soul Man Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Soul Man is an TV Land sitcom created by Suzanne Martin and Cedric the Entertainer. The series is a spin-off of Hot in Cleveland, in which Cedric guest starred in the 2011 episode "Bridezelka", the backdoor pilot for The Soul Man.[1] The series premiered on June 20, 2012, with a 12-episode order

Show Site

[ Last edited by bala at 5-28-2014 15:04 ]

The Soul Man Promo

1x01 Lost in the Move

I'm not surprised Lolli was annoyed at first when she found out Boyce had paid the church ladies to use her hair salon

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

it was a nice gesture but seriously she one hell of trouble for him

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I think his father is worse than his wife

1x02 Pastor Interference

You just knew when Boyce hiring his father to be a senior adviser would cause trouble but the counselling session was amusing and stopping the drunk from getting drunk by drinking the drink himself was priceless

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-3-2012 14:44  
I think his father is worse than his wife
Well what about his brother ?

I stop watch this so i never saw this episode

Well i am going watch 2011 episode "Bridezelka" ( Hot in cleveland 2x21) , the backdoor pilot for The Soul Man.

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yep that pastor drinking to prevent him was drinking was interesting technique

1x03 The Ballentine Hands

Boyce wrestling with a moral dilemma about using ringers for the singing competition was interesting considering how good the sisters were but trust Stamps to date them both without the other one knowing

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

You just knew it would blow up in his face but making sister part of church was smart move

1x04 I Wanna Spend Time Witchoo

Boyce's former neighbours from Las Vegas paying a surprise visit was bad timing because Lolli had other plans but Paul pretending to cry was amusing especially the live audience

1x05 My Old Flame

Barton drawing up his will after attending a funeral was interesting but with his bequests before he dies was amusing and Boyce getting a visit from his old girlfriend could of been awkward when she kissed him and then kissed Lolli

This has now been added to the flash site

1x06 Preacher's Block

You just knew Stamps installing a alarm system in Boyce's office wouldn't run smooth but managing to lock themselves inside was amusing and Lolli asking Boyce's old writing partner when he is at a loss for words was interesting

1x07 The God-Fathers

Boyce being quizzed by the hands of the clerical organization was amusing especially explaining the lyrics to his songs but the church ladies and the sex toys was priceless

1x08 J.C. Carpenter's Gospel Show

Cee-Lo as Rev. J.C. Carpenter was amusing and Barton asking Lolli for romantic advice was interesting

1x09 How To Be a Church Lady

Barton changes his mind about Stamps girlfriend when he realizes she cooks a fantastic breakfast was amusing considering he said no stopping over but wants her there in the morning for breakfast, Carolyn overhearing the church ladies making fun of her hats was unfortunate

1x10 Loving Las Vegas

I cant believe Lolli misplaced that neck-less considering how much it was worth but finding it in her cleavage was amusing and Barton trying to loose the $2,000 he won was priceless considering he ended up $16,000

1x11 To Leave or Not to Leave

You just knew when Barton was making plans to move to Florida that Stamps would be unhappy especial as he wants to sell his house and Della coming back should make a interesting season finale

55 123
Thread