75 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Wilfred Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Wilfred Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Wilfred Premieres on FX on June 23, 2011

Wilfred is a half-hour, live-action comedy about "Ryan," a young man struggling unsuccessfully to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with "Wilfred," his neighbor’s canine pet. Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest, Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit. While leading him through a series of comedic and existential adventures, Wilfred the dog shows Ryan the man how to overcome his fears and joyfully embrace the unpredictability and insanity of the world around him.

Wilfred is based on the critically-acclaimed Australian series of the same title and was adapted for FX by David Zuckerman (Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill). Zuckerman also serves as Executive Producer along with Rich Frank, Paul Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz of Prospect Park and Joe Connor and Ken Connor of Renegade, producers of the Australian version of the series. Jason Gann serves as Co-Executive Producer. Co-Executive Producer Randall Einhorn directed the pilot plus nine additional episodes of Wilfred’s first season and Victor Nelli, Jr. directed three. Wilfred is produced by FX Productions. The Australian version of Wilfred was written by Jason Gann and Adam Zwar, directed by Tony Rogers and produced by Jen Livingston.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Wilfred Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 6-22-2011 22:59 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

i can't believe they decided make this show and i am not going watch a guy pretending dog that take to lower TV show standard

1x01 Happiness

I can understand why Ryan thought it was the pills his sister gave him that made him think he was hallucinating but Wilfred trying to hump the waitress was amusing

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

i can't believe he shitted in the guy's boots

1x02 Trust

Wilfred shaking himself over the topless bathers was amusing but i would like to occasionally see this from the other prospective like what it was like from the girl looking at the dog that shook over them

Wilfred (AU)

I thought i would try the original Aussie version and so far 1x03 Dogs of War is the best with Wilfred pissing on the toilet floor and Adam getting the blame so Adam got his revenge by wetting Wilfred's bed and Sarah getting sick for eating a dodgy chop meant for Wilfred was unfortunate

Wilfred (AU) 1x07 Barking Behind Bars
Adam faking Wilfred's death after he was taken into the dog pound was cruel but Sarah thinking it was romantic was a surprise

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-2-2011 19:44 ]

Wilfred (AU) Season 2

2x01 Kiss Me Kat
Wilfred flirting with the cat was amusing but but when she farted that was a deal breaker which was classic, Sarah and Adam's counseling turned to disaster when he tried to kiss her

2x02 Dog of a Town Part 1
What a way to drug Wilfred for the train journey and the hitchhiking after being kicked off the train was amusing but Sarah parents being naturists was priceless

2x03 Dog of a Town Part 2
Wilfred playing ball with his dad just before he died was amusing

2x04 Honey You're Killing the Dog
Adam sleeping in the same bed with Cynthia while she was naked but Sarah thinking he's gay because he didn't try anything on with her

2x05 Ice Dog Cometh
Wilfred in his woollen jumper was amusing but winning a weekend away where they don't take dogs was predictable but Sarah living it up in the hotel with Wilfred while Adam was searching for Wilfred was priceless

2x06 The Dog Father
Wilfred becoming a father was amusing but Adam's brother trying to take advantage of Sarah was cruel considering they are getting married

2x07 Dog Star
Adam taking Wilfred to do a TV advert so he can get the money for his wedding against Sarah's wishes was amusing

2x08 Bite Club
Adam using Wilfred in dog fighting to earn enough money for the wedding was cruel but getting arrested for animal cruelty just after they got married was an interesting end to the show

Reply 5#5 bala's post

1x03 Fear
The way Ryan turned the tabled on Spencer after the boot incident was impressive but I'm not surprised he told him the truth just to get rid of him

1x04 Acceptance

The thought of what Wilfred was made to do with the peanut butter was diabolical but it's hard to know if Wilfred was telling the truth

1x05 Respect

The nurse thinking Wilfred had a gift of knowing when the patients are about to die and it did look like he was killing them until one of the nurses committed suicide

1x06 Conscience

The way Ryan enticed Jenna's boyfriend to play table tennis in the hope his competitiveness would force Jenna to break up with him was amusing but trying to fix it after it worked was crazy

This has now been added to Realplayer site

1x07 Pride

I don't know who was who's wing man but what Ryan did after Wilfred crashed the car so he could has sex with the stuffed giraffe was amusing and what Wilfred did while they was asleep was priceless

1x08 Anger

Ryan having a guilt complex over the death of his childhood dog was interesting but what Wilfred did help Ryan discover the truth about how the pooch passed on was a little over the top but he was right about Kristen

1x09 Compassion

Ryan's nutty mother was amusing but when she moves in with him after spending 20 years in the wellness center was priceless and talking to animals must run in the family

1x10 Isolation

I must admit the way Wilfred framed Andy for what he did was amusing but when Ryan was about to take the blame he framed the dead homeless guy instead

1x11 Doubt

Ryan meeting the guy who confirms the suspicion about his friendship with Wilfred who might not be in his best interests but who would of thought it was Wilfred's test

1x12 Sacrifice

Ryan turning down a date with an attractive Italian woman was crazy but finding her again on the beach was nice and Jenna getting a promotion at work didn't last long after getting high on pot candy

1x13 Identity

What a great way to keep Wilfred busy with the bubbles but what Wilfred and Ryan did to switch the urine sample backfired big time

75 1234
Thread