42 123
Thread
Printable Version

Welcome To Sweden Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Welcome To Sweden Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Welcome to Sweden is a Swedish comedy series that premiered on TV4 in Sweden on March 21, 2014 and will be aired in the USA in late 2014.[1] It is a comedic view of Greg Poehler's life experience, having moved to Sweden to marry and live with a Swedish woman almost a decade ago. The show is broadcast on TV4 in Sweden and will be broadcast on NBC in the USA. NBC confirmed that it would broadcast the series in July of 2014.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-15-2014 11:06 ]

Welcome to Sweden Trailer (Preview)

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I thought you don't like comedies and to add subtitles to the show as well I am surprised

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well just because i don't i thought you might but i am not sure if the version online has English subtitles or not since there from Sweden network.

1x01 Avsnitt 1 (Pilot)

Amy Poehler being told she's good at not listening was right as she never put her phone down the whole time Bruce was talking and I think Birger was also right that Bruce should of learnt some Swedish as he's been with Emma a year and was coming to her home town but taking him across the lake was amusing as they could of drove avoiding his travel sickness

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well the mother had a point quiting his job and following her to Sweden really wasn't a great plan but collapse in the sauna and men dragging him out was very amusing. . I never want to be that close to my girlfriend father junk

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Sitting up after he fainted was a little too close Birger's privates

1x02 Avsnitt 2

Viveka catching Emma about to give Bruce a blow-job was amusing and I'm not surprise Bruce said he was from Canada after the way the others slagged the USA off but Birger's reaction after the bed broke was priceless, trying to explain the sexy voice was never going to be easy but checking her parents were in bed was a bad idea after she found the sailors hat

1x03 Avsnitt 3

With Aubrey Plaza ringing him it was like watching Parks and Recreation as she was working for Amy Poehler but Aubrey giving him the finger was amusing and what bad timing to get rid of the furniture with the immigration paying a visit

1x04 Avsnitt 4

Emma getting Bruce to do the ironing and have dinner ready for when she comes home from work was amusing as he said he didn't want to be one of those people and Gene Simmons? making a guest appearance was a surprise but trust Bruce to get a job as a tour guide on a boat and you have to feel sorry for the guy in the job agency

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well going hotel was a good option but the next room was very loud.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

Emma seems to be the only one not getting any as he mother was about to get it and the couple in the next room were well at it

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Who would of thought a simple argument would prove that they were a couple

I love it when the immigration asked Emma whether she was held against her will

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Well i like how each episode cover a different situation but you would think an ex accountant would have some control over his finances

1x05 Avsnitt 5

Bruce should really learn the language as laughing when they were talking about a dying friend was inappropriate and God help Bruce if his friends find out he's not from Canada, Patrick Duffy playing Bruce's father was a surprise

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Well he needs to get more Swedish friend to practice his language skills but Emma really should help him practice his Swedish when they are together instead of speaking English with him would be the best way . Consider he broke up with him i don't think it will be an issue any more. .

1x06 Avsnitt 6

Bruce saying he was happy Emma was late and might be pregnant was amusing as his face said the opposite but her not being pregnant and just getting fat was priceless, Bruce getting a visit from his parents didn't go well but the gay bar was amusing

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yes but not realise it was gay bar considering he ask if every man he saw was gay

1x07 Avsnitt 7

Emma was right to be suspicious of Aubrey as she was obviously stalking Bruce and I cant believe he didn't recognised Björn Ulvaeus from Abba at first

1x08 Avsnitt 8

I thought Bruce slagging off the Swedish to Malin Akerman from Trophy Wife was going to be overheard but Bruce not realising she is from Sweden was a surprise to him and me and trying to get Bengt a date was amusing but his comment about first love didn't go down well

42 123
Thread