50 123
Thread
Printable Version

Awake Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Awake Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The series is scheduled to premiere on March 1, 2012

Police detective Michael Britten (Jason Isaacs) regains consciousness following a car accident involving his wife Hannah (Laura Allen) and his son Rex (Dylan Minnette). Michael moves back and forth between two realities: in one, Rex survived while Hannah is dead; in the other, Hannah survived but Rex did not. Trying to keep both his loved ones alive, Michael starts living a "double life," moving back and forth between the two realities, dealing with different personal conflicts and police partners. He also starts noticing strange links between the two realities

Source

Awake Extended Preview

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-16-2012 23:09 ]

Pilot

I managed catch this on youtube from NBC channel before restrict it. This was good pilot and it really kept my interest since you need pay attention and it's good thing i was in mood pay attention otherwise this episode would get rather confusing.

I can get potential storyline a mile away like the reality where son is alive and wife is deed look like there going love interest in that reality but in other he still with his wife but son died. So is that cheating?

The ending telling them i will not give up either reality was strong finish.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

At the moment he is getting the best of both but with his son grieving for his mother and her grieving for her son which makes it interesting, but i can imagine at some point there will be a third reality were they both died. Solving both cases was an added bonus

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

That will be season 2

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Wow so look like the accident was not an accident after all why does there always be a hidden agenda to these show.

1x02 The Little Guy

Michael solving the case of the doctor because of his subconscious was interesting and finding their son's hobby to rebuild the motorbike was nice

1x03 Guilty

The escaped convict abducting Michael's son in  the one world was confusing and then being forced to negotiate with same man in his other reality while missing the memorial service to his son that his wife Hannah doesn't want him to avoid was sad

Awake 1 x 01

Ok just watched the first episode of season one, and Bala is right. One needs to pay attention. I got lost in trying to understand the constitution bit, where the female psychiatrist made him read it from the middle and said something about how would he remember that if she (or that particular reality) was a dream. That totally flew over my head.All in all I enjoyed it. And will probably have to watch it again.

Reply 14#14 fo_ogun1's post

The problem we don't which reality is real that the mystery   . I don't think we will find out they keep us guessing until the shows ends

Reply 15#15 Bala's post

It may be both are not real....that the whole thing is imagined and he is in a coma somewhere. The mind can be a complicated unexplored universe

Reply 16#16 fo_ogun1's post

Yep that's another possibility

Reply 16#16 fo_ogun1's post

That is probably a more realistic possibility as the show is about him and would be nice for a family point of view if they are all alive

Kate Is Enough

Well i had feeling that tennis racket had something to do with his mother. I found cases boring in this episode i really focus but i just didn't care about them.

50 123
Thread