50 123
Thread
Printable Version

Cracked Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cracked Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cracked Premieres on CBC on January 08, 2013

CRACKED is a unique blend of a police and medical drama inspired by the real-life experiences of police officers and mental-health professionals. The hour-long series is a bold depiction of the psychological side of policing and the emotional impact on front-line workers. It's a fascinating yet affectionate exploration of all dimensions of human behavior.

CRACKED stars David Sutcliffe (Gilmore Girls, Private Practice) as Detective Aidan Black, a seasoned officer dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder, and Stefanie von Pfetten (NCIS, Battlestar Galactica) as psychiatrist Dr. Daniella Ridley, who leaves her prominent position at a downtown hospital to partner with the police. Black and Ridley are the lead team in a newly formed Psych Crimes Unit where they are joined by Poppy Wisnefski, a young cop cynical beyond her years played by Luisa D'Oliveira, and a compassionate psychiatric nurse, Leo Beckett, played by Dayo Ade. Together they combine police investigative skills and psychiatric insight to resolve crises and solve crimes.

The series reflects the reality that an overwhelming percentage of police calls involve people with mental illnesses or psychiatric disorders - people who cross all ages, incomes and ethnicities. The Psych Crimes Unit struggles to achieve balance between protecting the public from harm and protecting the dignity of all citizens ¬often at the expense of their own mental health.

CRACKED is created by writer Tracey Forbes (Flashpoint, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Toronto Emergency Task Force officer Calum de Hartog and is produced by White Pine Pictures in association with the CBC.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Cracked Here

pilot

Well i wish i could say i was impressed with the first episode but i wasn't with the amount cop shows i have watch over the past few years this was poor imitation of a cop show . It kind of like mix between criminal minds and The listener. I just don't see where this show can go because it's limited in the direction it can go. I had a tough time believing the main character was unstable because he seem like good cop who had moment of insanity and back to normal.

I suppose i should give it a few more episode but i wasn't impressed with the first episode.

1x01 How the Light Gets In

Who would of thought the coffee shop incidence would push him over the edge considering the last two incidence she mentioned and cuffing the victim to calm the situation down was quick thinking, that was a new diagnosis being called an ass hole by his doctor / partner

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

He had concerns because she doesn't carry a gun certainly makes being his back up quite tricky?

That comment was her being honest to him

[ Last edited by bala at 1-9-2013 19:40 ]

Reply 5#5 bala's post

She is supposed to be a professional and calling him an ass hole isn't professional

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

She was rather annoyed to have him as a partner so her comment about him being ass hole was ok because he isn't her patient she's his work partner. It would only be unprofessional if she is treating him and she call him that. I just took that as banter between the characters

Reply 3#3 bala's post

This reminds me more of Shattered than a cross between Criminal Minds and The Listener

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yeah i couldn't think of that show -you really good memory on old shows

1x02 Fallen

It's a shame the manic patient's hallucinations were slowing them down in finding out where the violent murder actually took place and Daniella telling Aiden to stop after that beating was a surprise but she should now carry a gun

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Well that was some beating she took but it really changed her you can tell she has just lost her innocence when she says she belong back in hospital. Look like we reached the turning point in this character very quickly the question is where will she go from here ?

This has now been added to the flash site

What We Can't See

Who would thought Truth was a cult leader so glad they managed to stop him before he killed 20 people  

1x03 What We Can't See

What morons bulling a schoolgirl while she is holding a baseball bat and hypnotising the girl for directions to the compound was impressive

1x04 White Knight

Aidan memory laps allowing the psychotic killer from getting away from the woman in the car but the woman looking exactly the same as she was in the Boss was a surprise and Aidan developing a relationship with her was interesting as it turned out she had done it before but the way he got eyes in her place was impressive

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes but she loves playing crazy women

Aiden actually getting his ex back was great result

1x05 No Traveler Returns

Daniella was lucky not to of got hit after standing up for the killer to be released and Aiden shooting the hit and run driver was the right thing to do as he had already killed someone

1x06 Spirited Away

The abandoned baby was lucky Tray came along otherwise she could of been there all night long and finding out the babies mother was presumed dead after being kidnapped 15 years ago was incredible

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

That was incredible but i was surprised she was that disturbed glad she didn't injury the baby before abandoned her. The ending when we found out she lost her baby years ago was sad.

Rocket Man

Well crazy rockstar who own therapist is under medicate him which she uses to control him was sad i am surprised she wasn't suspended misuse her abilities .

50 123
Thread