47 123
Thread
Printable Version

Cult Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cult Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cult Premieres on The CW on February 19, 2013

Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton has learned to laugh off his brother Nate's relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show intends to harm him. However, when his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff takes Nate's paranoia seriously, and in the process uncovers the dark underworld of the TV show "Cult" and its rabid fans. The only person who seems willing to help Jeff with his investigation is Skye, a young research assistant for "Cult," who has also started to grow suspicious of the increasingly dark happenings surrounding the show. The fictitious show, centered on the cat-and-mouse game between charismatic cult leader Billy Grimm and LAPD detective Kelly Collins, has become an obsession for its viewers – and now some of its devotees seem to be taking their fixation to deadly extremes in the real world. As Jeff and Skye dig deeper into the fan world, they discover that the gruesome plot twists on television are much more than fantasy for some very unfortunate people. The hardcore fans of "Cult" would kill to see what happens next…

The series stars Matt Davis ("The Vampire Diaries") as Jeff Sefton, Jessica Lucas ("Melrose Place," "Cloverfield") as Skye Yarrow, Alona Tal ("Supernatural," "The Killing") as Kelly Collins and Robert Knepper ( " Prison Break," "Shameless") as Billy Grimm.

CULT is from Fake Empire and Rockne S. O'Bannon Television in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Rockne S. O'Bannon ("Farscape," "V"), Josh Schwartz ("Chuck," "Gossip Girl"), Stephanie Savage ("Hart of Dixie," "Gossip Girl"), Len Goldstein ("Hart of Dixie") and Jason Ensler ("Franklin & Bash," "Hart of Dixie"). The pilot was directed by Jason Ensler and written by Rockne S. O’Bannon.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Cult Here

Cult Series Preview

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-28-2013 02:11 ]

1x01 You're Next

The title is perfect as Jeff is next but this is a strange concept for a show and I think I will need to watch it a second time

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I have feeling this is just too much to do however an interesting concept having tv show inside a series kind of like reality tv but more interesting.  I had a strange thought what if this is what happen to the following .

Both these show are about cult but if we were compare them The following is much better and i just feel like cult is trying teen version of the following but something went completely wrong and this was the end product. .

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I watched it a second time and still none the wiser but will give it a couple more episodes

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

I suppose we could discuss what you didn't understand

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-7-2013 00:39 ]

1x02 In the Blood

Merriam's Husband having her body buried so quick did make him look suspicious but meeting Detective Rosalind at the cemetery also makes her look guilty along with her tattoo

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Well i trying figure when which one are actors and which one are real-the fact they swapping between them is getting annoying.

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-14-2013 19:17 ]

1x03 Being Billy

They should of realised that recreating that crash would have consequences

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yeah but who was running the game ?

Are we suppose believe brother ran the game since he's only had the list of players ?

I am trying figure out if the brother is in fact Billy ?

This has now been added to the flash site

47 123
Thread