49 123
Thread
Printable Version

Supernatural Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Supernatural Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Seasons 1-2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:19 ]

Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

Your posts are more like reviews than actual discussion. I'd like to see a discussion about the first season of Supernatural. What do you really think of the episodes?

Reply 5#5 spratt89's post

Maybe you could call it Episode Reviews (or something like that) instead? I don't mind reading reviews, if that is what I'm looking for.
And, you should also write a spoiler warning in the subject.

Reply 7#7 spratt89's post

Thank you, spratt89!

Episode 1: Pilot

This is one of my favourite pilot episodes of all time, this episode got off to a great start by taking us back to when Sam and Dean's mum Mary died, I loved the scene where Dean sort of broke into Sam's house where they had a small fight before Sam realized it was Dean, you have to feel bad for Sam as his girlfriend Jessica died the same way as Mary, I like how Sam and Dean's relationship develops by the end of this pilot episode, the job or case is this episode had just the right amount of horror and action to make this a fantastic pilot episode.

Episode 2: Wendigo

This episode was really good, but seemed to be lacking something. The brothers also show their ability to work as a team in this episode as they formulate a plan without talking about it. Wendigo's storyline was very interesting because it was really cool. Throughout the entire episode you never really get a chance to see what the Wendigo looks like so you don't quite know what is after them. That makes this episode special because usually you get to see what they're hunting. Overall it was still great. Just not as great as the pilot episode.

Episode 3: Dead In The Water

This episode is just as good as the first two episodes, the whole storyline in this episode was brilliant and I also thought this episode was slightly scary, Sheriff Jake Devins sacrificing himself to stop the attacks was a brave decision, Dean showed a softer side to himself in this episode which I thought was a nice touch and a good little character development, I love how Dean comes up with such funny cover ID's to start with, my favourite part was Dean saving the boy at the end, again the character development was good in this episode.

Episode 4: Phantom Traveller

This was a great episode and also had some quite brilliant moments, I would never of guessed Dean being afraid of anything, two funny things with Dean on the plane was when Dean was humming I think Metallic  and the other was when the plane was going down, I liked how for the first time this season they get a clue that John might still be alive, I hope the show continues with the odd bit of information that John Winchester, Dean and Sam looked very funny in those mortician outfits and how everyone they talk to when they are undercover of sorts believe who they say they are.

Episode 5: Bloody Mary

This was a brilliant episode, I found the job in this episode to be very exciting and scary at certain points, the nightmares Sam is having is a good little side story but also strange, Jill all but killed herself by acting stupid, Dean and Sam always find somebody to help them, the message Dean, Sam and Charlie found behind Jill's mirror was just weird but it helped them figure out why bad things were happening, Charlie needing help was expected but the way Dean and Sam stopped the evil thing was brilliant, the secret Sam was keeping was massive.

Episode 6: Skin

This was a really good episode just not as good as the previous one, I liked the fact that the job ended up having something to do with demons, the demon Dean and Sam had to stop was pretty dangerous one which ended up getting Dean in trouble, the best part had to be fake Dean talking to tied up Sam, Sam should follow Dean's advice and cut off all contact to his previous life, Dean being wanted by police was really the only option, I was getting confused when the demon kept changing skins, that brutal fight between fake Dean and Sam was brilliant, the ending was great.

Episode 7: Hookman

This was a great episode, I thought the Hookman was nothing but a vengeful spirit but I was wrong and the Hookman turned out to be a guardian of sorts, there were a couple of scary moments in this episode, the Hookman myth was good and the way they stopped the Hookman was great and also had great visual effects, I loved all the references Dean kept making about Sam's college life in this episode, the continuing storyline about about Sam and Dean's father is good, Dean looking for the Hookman's unmarked grave was good, seeing Dean and Sam in a library just seems funny.

Episode 8: Bugs

This was yet another great episode, the whole bug thing in this episode was good and also scary if you don't like bugs, my favourite part of this episode is Sam and Dean getting mistaken for a gay couple, the ending of the case with Sam and Dean fighting off thousands of bees while protecting Larry and his family was brilliant, I sort of thought Matt had something to do with the bug attacks but I was completely wrong, there were some nice Dean and Sam moments in this episode, I have to admit I am not a true lover of bugs episodes but this one was not to bad.

Episode 9: Home

This was a brilliant episode and my new favourite episode this season, I like how near the start Sam lets Dean know about his visions, the case in this episode at Dean and Sam's old house was brilliant and had loads of excitement and action throughout the episode, this episode did have its scary and strange moments like the repair man being injured, the scenes that had Missouri in were my favourite parts, finding out one of the spirits was Dean and Sam's mum after saving Jenny and her kids was great as was us finding out daddy Winchester was with Missouri.

Episode 10: Asylum

This was a very good episode in my opinion, the job in this episode was pretty interesting and had its scary moments, I enjoyed all the scenes inside of the Asylum, Sam shooting Dean with rock salt and what followed was my favourite part, Gavin kissing one of the spirits was nasty, the jokes Dean made about Sam's abilities was good, the Dean, Sam and their missing father John's storyline is getting better with each episode and at the end of this episode Dean and Sam get a phone call from their father John.

Episode 11: Scarecrow

This was an episode I really enjoyed watching, the reason I enjoyed this episode so much was that Dean and Sam went their own ways for a little while, Meg seems to be an interesting character but one that I don't really like or trust that much, the scenes that Sam and Meg had were great to watch and the ending 5 minutes or so were my favourite parts of this episode, the phone call Dean and Sam had was brilliant and a highlight for this episode, It may have been me but I found everyone in that small town a little creepy and I was a little freaked out by that scarecrow, the quote the good of the many out ways the good of the one is so stupid.

Episode 12: Faith

This was a great episode and one with a very strong storyline, Dean getting seriously hurt and only given a month to live was good and what was even better was when Dean found out that when he was healed by Rev. Roy Le Grange  somebody else had to die in his place, the whole Reaper thing was great for this episode as it was not a monster they could just kill, Julie Benz did a great job of playing Layla Rourke and I was a little dissapointed that Layla did not get saved meaning she will die from her illness, the only thing I did not like that much was the background music Fear The Reaper as the killings were taking place.

Episode 13: Route 666

This episode was an average episode, the only two things that saved this from being a poor episode was the little character development we got with Dean and the speech Mrs. Robinson gave about her husband, I found the speech to be the best part about this episode, I was kind of shocked to learn that Dean of all people was truly in love and his goodbye to Cassie was pretty good, the supernatural thing in this episode was not that good and a little boring to be truthful, I thought the car chase in this episode was good and the one terrible thing about this episode was Cassie as I thought her character was rubbish and sometimes quite annoying but maybe that was just me.

Episode 14: Nightmare

This in my opinion was a decent episode, I did like how this was different from other episodes as Dean and Sam did not deal with Demons or Ghosts but rather a boy with telepathic powers, the abilities that Sam has for me would be a concern but it is also a good bit of character development, Max having telepathic powers and using them to kill family members because of abuse after his mother died was good but also showed that without help and support Sam could turn into a bad person like Max, Max dying in the end was a shame, the scene with Sam and Max talking and learning both their mothers died the same way was the highlight of this episode.

Episode 15: The Benders

This was a very good episode and yet again not like the other episodes, the villains of this episode were just plain crazy humans who like hunting and killing humans for fun, Sam being kidnapped by the sadistic family was great and also kept us all on the edge of out seats till the very end, the way Dean acted throughout this episode acting all concerned for Sam was brilliant, Kathleen has become one of my favourite guest stars in this first season, Dean said allot of smart ass comments in this episode but my favourite one has to be I get demons but people are crazy.

Episode 16: Shadow

I thought this was a great episode from start to finish, the return of Meg was good and yet again Nicki Aycox put in an outstanding performance as Meg, Meg was very clever in the way she got Sam to walk himself and Dean into a trap, It was long overdue but we finally got a John, Dean and Sam reunion even if it was for a brief time, I guess Meg was right about Dean and Sam being John's weakness, one part I thought was very funny was when the woman caught Sam spying on Meg getting changed, Dean delivered some more great lines in this episode, this episode did a outstanding job of building up the first season storyline.

49 123
Thread