53 123
Thread
Printable Version

MAC Users See Here: Updated May 26th

Incredibly long load time...Mac problem?

Hi
I wasn't sure if the Mac problem had been fixed or not because it seemed that I couldn't get anything to load. It doesn't crash my browser anymore but now asks for me to choose either realplayer or another application and when I choose realplayer it opens up a realplayer window but then nothing happens...I tried everything from updating everything, switching back and forth from Safari to Firefox, restarting, even uninstalling and reinstalling RealPlayer but nothing worked. Then I had completely given up and was doing other things on the internet and forgot that I had left the window up when I finally heard the show start playing but it was almost 9-10 minutes later! Is anyone else having this problem? Is this what it's going to be like from now on with the new site? Sorry don't mean to be a pain....just wondering.

reply 41#41 brittmarie's post

It was fixed as per update by admin on 5/26. please check here - http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... p;page=9#pid115269. And its now working to most Mac users in the site except for some that still having troubles like yours... The tech people disabled the initial pop up window so your show will open and play at real player directly when you click on it. Try to downgrade your safari to version 3.2.3 and your real player to version 10 and see if this work for you... goodluck!

Note: its working on my macbook and it load fast!

If Quicktime pops up instead of Realplayer,
Please go to Realplayer: Help---Reset Realplayer---then click on "Next" to the end.
It will solve this problem.
We keep improving services for you.

I still  get the pop up window. how do i make it go away? also, is the only option really to downgrade safari... that  will impact my entire web experience for every site i go to!

Reply 44#44 myluckyrabbitfo's post

Did you follow the step above mentioned by lbjedward?

Reply 41#41 brittmarie033's post

I have the same problems!  
I am using RP 12. niether firefox fnor safari will play it.
any updates in the last 12 months on the ongoing MAC-shafting we are getting?

Mac users cannot dowload PR9

I was just on the RP site and they won't allow me to download any version older than RP10.
It appears folks using OSX can no longer try some of these work-arounds.

WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO?
I JUST WANT THE SAME OLD RELIABLE TVVIDEO-NET OF 2008!!!!

any new advice is appreciated. It have tried the may 2009 'updates' and they don't work.
thanks,
potterdog

What browser are you using?

Reply 48#48 shinny's post

The message I received said she had tried using tried safari 4 & firefox 3.6.4.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Ok tks Barb.

Potterdog I'm not a MAC user but did a bit of research on the net and came across these two pieces of advice:

1) If you set your new SL Safari to launch in 32-bit mode (you can do so in the Info Window), everything works fine!

2) I did a reformatting of the disk, and installed Snow Leopard as a clean install, and restored my Accounts, Settings and Applications from my "Carbon Copy Cloner" (CCC) backup using "Migration Assistant". Everything, including Real Player and BBC iPlayer worked fine without having to set Safari to 32-bit mode!

Maybre one of these two things will help. Let us know.

Reply 47#47 potterdog's post

Can you downgrade to RP11?  If the suggestions Shinny provided didn't help, try that - LBJ, our admin sent me a PM with that suggestion for you.

Please let us know how it goes.

Glad to read this as I was feeling crazy. The site used to work perfectly on my MAC and now shows take forever to load. Have tried different browsers. Different settings. Waste points left right and center just trying to watch because sometimes it works fine and other times it plays for two  seconds then loads for five to ten. I really miss the old site. And please don't tell me to PM for points back because I never get a response and gave up about 100 points ago. Have been supporting you for years but should I realistically move on if I have a mac? Doesn't seem to be a solution. Sad. It was a great thing while it lasted.

Reply 52#52 myluckyrabbitfo's post

This thread is over 2 years old.  Were you, by chance, ticking the box that said "save copy to inbox" when sending PMs to lbjedward?  That box is now gone, but any messages sent with that box ticked, were not sent at all, except to yourself.  LBJ DOES indeed reimburse lost points.  Many of our members are Mac users and don't have a problem.  Are you using the Flash site now?  Most find that it is easier to load shows with it.  You might also want to check out our Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread, as it has tips for both PC & MAC users.  

If you weren't getting a response from admin, you should have posted or PMd one of the moderators so we could have helped you.  I know Flash isn't ideal for everyone, but it is supported by more devices and less prone to cause compatibility issues than RP was whenever it updated.  I suppose we can't please everyone.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 7-16-2012 23:57 ]

53 123
Thread