38 12
Thread
Printable Version

Outsourced Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Outsourced Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

"Outsourced" is a comedy where the Midwest meets the exotic East in a hilarious culture clash. The series centers on the all-American company Mid America Novelties that sells whoopee cushions, foam fingers and wallets made of bacon -- and whose call center has suddenly been outsourced to India. Todd Dempsy (Ben Rappaport, off-Broadway's "The Gingerbread House") is the new company's manager who learns that he's being transferred to India to run the operation. Overwhelmed, Todd discovers that his new staff needs a crash course in all things American if they are to understand the U.S. product line and ramp up sales from halfway around the world. But as strange as America seems to his eclectic sales team, Todd soon realizes that figuring out India will be more than a full-time job.

http://www.nbc.com/outsourced/

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-4-2011 07:52 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

This I'm looking forward too after watching the sneak peak and I'm sure we have all had to deal with call centers in India

Pilot

Well this wasn't exactly on my watch list but i had some free time today so i gave this a shot it was a lot better than i thought it was going to be. Still it really make Americans look bad. who would buy novality things like those.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I cant believe the Americans would buy them novelty items but the quiet one selling vomit and poo was amusing

1x02 The Measure Of A Manmeet

Gupta trying to read lips and thinking he was fired was funny and Todd's head nodding at Rajiv after he said about a raise was hilarious

1x03 Party of Five

The so called double date with Charlie and Tonya - Todd  with Asha and Gupta but Todd thinking Asha was playing footsie when it was Tonya instead was amusing but then Tonya saying or about to say was great

1x04 Jolly Vindaloo Day

Rajiv standing up to his girlfriend's father was amusing and the revenge on the cafeteria bullies was great

1x05 Touched By An Anglo

Todd does need to find out more about the Indian culture after the sexual harassment seminar but when he has a complaint about him he tries to fix the problem but only makes matters worse

lol I am really liking this show. Poor Todd.

1x06 Bolloween

Another good episode with Todd trying to get the office in the holiday spirit, but his co-workers have no idea what Halloween is all about and Manmeet in his chick magnet costume but having trouble talking to Tonya's air hostess friend so he can only talk on the phone was funny

1x07 Truly, Madly, Pradeeply

Madhuri giving Todd' her ticket to a concert so he can surprise her and hopefully have a Bollywood ending didn't go to plan but was a nice gesture

1x08 Home For the Diwalidays

Tonya did a great job in helping Todd forget about his feelings for Asha and Rajiv trying to blackmail Todd over the CCTV footage was funny

1x09 Temporary Monsanity

I liked the way Tonya proved to Todd's brother that she's real

1x10 Homesick To My Stomach

Todd's feeling homesick for his favorite football team, the Kansas City but isnt that typical to get food poisoning and not able to watch the game

1x11 A Sitar is Born

Todd with his hear to the toiled door when he hears a beautiful singing voice was funny but I'm glad Gupta got stage fright because Madhuri has a great singing voice

1x12 Sari, Charlie

Todd trying to keeping his relationship with Tonya a secret from Charlie to protect his feelings was amusing especially when he found them at the restaurant

1x13 Training Day

Tonya deciding to help Charlie find a date was funny especially when she actually fancied her instead and Todd rewarding his staff for all of their hard work by taking them on a retreat but what a train journey

1x14 The Todd Couple

Manmeet juggling two different women on Valentine's Day but getting caught was amusing and Tonya accidentally jumping into bed with Gupta was funny

1x15 Guess Who's Coming to Delhi

It was obvious that that Jerry had no interest in work and is ready to party but Todd ending up in hot water with Tonya and her mother was amusing especially when she had to bail him out of jail

38 12
Thread