Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that in this thread as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Bad Universe, Desperate Romantics, Happy Town, Hope Springs, In Plain Sight, L&O: Los Angeles, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Missing, Nip/Tuck, Outlaw, Personal Affairs, Popular, Pulse, Sophie, Tell Me You Love Me, The Event, The Pacific, V, Whistler

Action Adventure:
DONE FOR NOW

Comedy:
DONE FOR NOW

Sci-Fi:
DONE FOR NOW

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
DONE FOR NOW

Animation:
DONE FOR NOW

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Blood +, Robot Chicken

Returning (or cancelled) shows that are being cared for already:
Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI, The Mentalist, Two & A Half Men, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bones, Criminal Minds, 30 Rock, Chuck, Greek, Castle, Bleach, CSI, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Sons of Anarchy, Dollhouse, Smallville, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, Royal Pains, Stargate Universe, Supernatural, The Cleveland Show, The Middle, The Vampire Diaries, V, Warehouse 13, Modern Family, Caprica, Community, Cougar Town, Eureka, Human Target, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, House, Glee, Eastbound & Down (and most shows w/ moderators - can't think of them all now)

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  Any highlighted in magenta have both about & guide spoken for.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, 5 for each episode guide plus 2 treasures apiece.  
**There is a new rule that the guides & abouts must now be posted in their forums by a moderator or super moderator - thus the addition of treasures being awarded.**

NOTE: Please let me know if I have mislabeled or missed any shows.  Many just need "Abouts", while some need both.  I will recheck my list regularly to make sure it is up to date.  Thanks so much for your help & cooperation.

Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1620#1620 codebreaker's post

You can do them all.  I have posted an updated list.  Thanks for pointing out shows I hadn't added.  Please let me know if I've missed any others.

I'm out of points right now, but will post in SM for the other mods to award points for what you've already done, as I've checked them all & they're great.

About Kath & Kim

Kath & Kim premiered on NBC on October 09, 2008

About the Show:
Based on the hit Australian comedy series of the same name, Kath & Kim follows the daily lives of Kath, a forty-something divorcee, and Kim, her self-centered daughter. Together they get through the ups and downs of life with a dysfunctional relationship that only and mother and daughter could have.

Cast:
Molly ShannonKathy Day
Selma BlairKim Day Fattibene
John Michael HigginsPhil
Mikey DayCraig

Watch it now!
How to become a VIP Member.

Visit  Kath & Kim forum here.

Source: tvrage

POSTED
Recent Ratings

About Louie

Louie premiered on FX on June 29, 2010

About the Show:
Set to premiere June 29, Louie is a comedy filtered through the observational humor of Louis C.K. Each episode puts a spotlight on Louis' hectic life as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two daughters. The single-camera comedy is a mix of Louis C.K.'s stand-up comedy and scripted short films. Louis C.K. serves as executive producer, writer and director, and Dave Becky and 3 Arts are executive producers. FX has ordered 13 episodes of the series which is shot in New York.

Cast:
Louis C.KLouis

Watch it now!

Source: FX

POSTED
Recent Ratings

Season 1 Episode Guide

Episode 1. Pilot
Louis goes on a date and a field trip with his daughters. Both go badly.

Episode 2. Poker/Divorce
Louis and friends play poker, his divorce is final.

Episode 3. Dr. Ben/Nick
Louis goes to the doctor and argues with an old friend.

Episode 4. So Old/Playdate
Louis' age is an advantage, and he sets up a playdate.

Episode 5. Travel Day / South
Louis goes on a trip. Louis plays the South.

Episode 6. Heckler / Cop Movie
Louis reluctantly acts in a movie.

Episode 7. Double Date / Mom
Louis' brother has a weird request. Louis deals with his family.

Episode 8. Dogpound
Louie encounters a neighbor.

Episode 9. Bully
Louis remembers his sexual education.

Episode 10. Dentist / Tarese
Louis attempts to branch out. Louis visits the dentist.

Episode 11. God
Louis explores religion.

Episode 12. Gym
Louis tries to get healthy.

Episode 13. Night Out
Louis goes out for the night.

Source: FX

POSTED
Recent Ratings

About Roomates

Roomates premiered on ABC Family on March 23, 2009

About the Show:
Mark Fletcher has a chance encounter with his high school crush Katie Bowman, and he ends up moving in with her into her four bedroom apartment alongside her other roommates Hope and James. With a second chance now possible, Mark tries to find ways to get Katie to like him in hopes of having a… More relationship with her, but along the way there are a few bumps in the road.

Cast:
Tyler FrancavillaMark Fletcher
Dorian BrownKatie Bowman
Tommy DeweyJames
Tamera MowryHope Daniels
David WeidoffThom

Watch it now!

Visit  Roomates forum here.

Source: tv.com

POSTED
Recent Ratings

About 30 Seconds

30 Seconds premiered on The Comedy Channel on September 07, 2009

About the Show:
The story of :30 SECONDS revolves around advertising agency, BND. A global advertising network, with 61 offices worldwide, the Sydney office of BND Advertising is a buzzing place with the type of reception you only see in advertising agencies - or in fine art museums. Despite the glitzy exterior, BND is going through a lean time - and with a new military-style CEO on board and pressure mounting from head office, the staff are in constant panic mode!

Cast:
Gyton GrantleySumo
Stephen CurryMcBaney
Joel TobeckMartin
Peter O’BrienBill Brooker
Emily BrennanBarbara
Jenna LindKath
Kat StewartMarion

Watch it now!

Visit 30 Seconds forum here.

Source: The Comedy Channel

POSTED
Recent Ratings

Season 1 Episode Guide

Episode 1. Drink Rexponsibly
30 Seconds lifts the lid on the advertising industry and the characters within it. Advertising agency BND Worldwide is marketing a new drink — Rex Randy, but there's a problem with the company mascot.

Episode 2. Be The Tool
BND's latest campaign is for a car aimed at female buyers, but the largely male creative department are having trouble with the task. Also, a Power tool company present a challenge with a new drill.

Episode 3. Good Clown Bad Clown
Bobo's Supremo Burger and Government legislation that bans advertising fast food to kids causes headaches for BND; so a different approach is called for.

Episode 4. Invisible Fault Lines
A young model is needed for the Eternity Rejuvenale cosmetic campaign. But how young is too young? Age is also a hot topic as BND prepares for the Urban Ranger shoot.

Episode 5. Twenty One Today
Martin's career flashes before his eyes as he plummets from 3rd to 21st in the Campaign Brief creative rankings. Meanwhile Daiyonda are in a spin as their cars are voted "worst on emissions".

Episode 6. A Matter Of Trust
A new business opportunity presents a conflict of interest between the prospect, Bridge Bank and BND's founding client Provincial Credit Union. Meanwhile Brooker is scheming to replace Martin with a rising talent.

Source: Australian Television

POSTED
Recent Ratings

About Ross Noble's Australian Trip

Ross Noble's Australian Trip premiered on five on September 28, 2009

About the Show:
Comic Ross Noble combines two of his great passions – biking and comedy – as he takes us with him on an epic, 26,000-kilometre, five-month road trip round Australia.

Roaring across the outback to the beyond and back again during an 85-gig stand-up tour, Ross presents us with his highly idiosyncratic eye-view of the most quirky and memorable sights, sounds and encounters of his adopted country as he bikes his way between venues – and across this six part series shares his observations with his audiences in typically spontaneous style.

Cast:
Ross NobleHimself

Watch it now!

Source: ten.com.au

POSTED
Recent Ratings

Season 1 Episode Guide

Episode 1
Ross starts his journey around Australia in Brisbane and then travels through the Surfers Paradise. He then makes his way to Silverton, Mildura and Echuca.

Episode 2
Ross travels across the state of New South Wales, and takes a look at the towns of Wagga, Woollongong and Taree. He takes a look at the world's second largest playable guitar, and a service-station made to look like Ayres Rock. He also takes a look around Canberra.

Episode 3
Ross makes his way around the south-east of Australia from Bathurst to Adelaide before traveling to Melbourne.

Episode 4
Ross takes a look around Kryal Castle, a 1970's medieval tourist attraction that has remained the same since it was built. He then makes his way through the towns of Geelong and Horsham before stopping in Port Pirie where he meets the mayor.

Episode 5
Ross takes a look at the world's largest open-cast mine at Kalgoorlie and gets to eat sheep's brains and pigs' nipples in Esperance.

Episode 6
Ross visits Karratha, where some of the residents live in shipping containers due t the lack of houses. He then makes his way to Darwin where his journey ends.

POSTED
Recent Ratings

Can i do both for Scoundrels

Reply 1631#1631 codebreaker's post

Sure.

About Scoundrels

Scoundrels premiered on ABC on June 20, 2010

About the Show:
Can a family of small-time criminals go legit? Scoundrels tells the story of the Wests, who are forced to change their lifestyle after the man of the house gets sent to the big house. Cheryl, loving mother and devoted wife, will do everything she can to keep her family together and on the straight and narrow.

Scoundrels stars Virginia Madsen as Cheryl West; David James Elliott as Wolfgang "Wolf" West; Patrick Flueger as Logan West/Calvin "Cal" West; Leven Rambin as Heather West; Vanessa Marano as Hope West and Carlos Bernard as Sergeant Mack.

Scoundrels is an adaptation of the New Zealand series Outrageous Fortune, which follows the attempted reformation of a small-time crime family while its patriarch is away in prison.

Cast:
Virginia MadsenCheryl West
Vanessa MaranoHope West
Leven RambinHeather West
Patrick FluegerLogan West-Calvin "Cal" West
David James ElliottWolfgang "Wolf" West
Carlos BernardSergeant Mack

Watch it now!

POSTED
Recent Ratings

Season 1 Episode Guide

Episode 1. And Jill Came Tumbling After
A family of small-town criminals is shaken when their father is sentenced to a surprisingly long prison term, leaving mom to take care of the criminally enterprising brood. In an effort to keep her kids out of trouble, she decides it's time for the family to go straight, despite their best efforts to maintain the status quo.

Episode 2. Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary
Cheryl, Heather and Cal get jobs as they try to embrace a crime-free lifestyle; Cal finds out his new job as a pool boy has unexpected requirements.

Episode 3. Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
A threat forces Logan to show his true West family colors; a local strip club hires Heather.

Episode 4. Where Have You Been, Charming Billy?
Billy dies from being stupid. Wolf comes home for the funeral and takes full advantage of the situation. Cal is suffering big time due to the loss of Billy. Logan and Cal do not see eye to eye.

Episode 5. Yes, Sir, Yes, Sir, Three Bags Full
The family is very busy trying to get money. Wolf gets Cal a job. Angela delivers junk mail.

Episode 6. Birds of a Feather Flock Together
Wolf and Logan have a disappointing conversation. Heather deals with someone from her past. Hope is vindictive. Cal may have made a mistake.

Episode 7. A That's the Way the Money Goes
Cheryl's new business is on the brink of failure; Logan acts on his feelings for Patty; Heather falls in love.

Episode 8. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
Logan finds evidence to prove Wolf's innocence; Wolf makes a stunning discovery.

POSTED
Recent Ratings

I can also do about for Surviving Suburbia and Terriers

Reply 1635#1635 codebreaker's post

Rock on!  Go ahead.  You're getting that cleared up pretty good.  MUCH appreciated.

About Surviving Suburbia

Surviving Suburbia premiered on ABC on April 06, 2009

About the Show:
Surviving Suburbia follows a seemingly normal couple, Keith (Bob Saget) and Anne Stever (Cynthia Stevenson), in their life in the suburbs, complete with two children and a cooke cutter house. When new neighbors move in next door, Keith becomes distracted by their drop-dead gorgeous daughter; Henry Stever (Jared Kusnitz) becomes enamored with the teenaged girl down the street, who just became pregnant for the second time; and Courtney Stever (G Hannelius) lives her life as the princess she believes she is. Life at the Stever's proves that it's never "just another day in suburbia."

Cast:
Bob SagetKeith Stever
Cynthia StevensonAnne Stever
G HanneliusCourtney Stever
Jared KusnitzHenry Stever

Watch it now!

Visit  Surviving Suburbia forum here.

POSTED
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Treasure +2 Thanks! 12-5-2010 01:40
  • shinny Points +10 Thanks! 12-5-2010 01:40

About Terriers

Terriers premiered on FX September 08, 2010

About the Show:
Terriers, from Creator/Executive Producer Ted Griffin (Ocean's Eleven) and Executive Producer Shawn Ryan (The Shield), is a comedic drama starring Donal Logue (The Tao of Steve, Damages) and Michael Raymond-James (True Blood). It centers on "Hank Dolworth" (Logue), an ex-cop who partners with his best friend "Britt Pollack" (Raymond-James) to launch an unlicensed private investigation business. As Hank and Britt struggle with maturity issues, the duo solve crimes while avoiding professional dangers and personal responsibilities. Craig Brewer (Hustle and Flow, The Shield) directed the pilot episode.  

Cast:
Donal LogueHank Dolworth
Jamie DenboMaggie Lefferts
Kimberly QuinnGretchen Dolworth
Laura AllenKatie Nichols
Michael Raymond-JamesBritt Pollack
Rockmond DunbarDetective Mark Gustafson

Watch it now!

POSTED
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Treasure +2 Thanks 12-5-2010 01:40
  • shinny Points +10 Thanks 12-5-2010 01:40

I'm still on a roll so i can do about for The Game and both for The Life And Times Of Vivienne Vyle

Can i do both for Everybody Hates Chris which isn't on your list

Thread