Thread
Printable Version

Glee Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

4x19 Sweet Dreams

Marley writing an Original Song and eventually being able to sing it with the others was great

4x20 Lights Out

It's strange how the guys reacted when Ryder told them what the babysitter did was a little insensitive but Kitty telling him what happened to her was brave and nice

4x21 Wonder-Ful

You have to feel sorry for Mercedes after finding out they are holding back her CD because of the photos and I thought Rachel preparing for her "Funny Girl" callback would have consequences with her teacher and what Kurt's dad said to Blaine made sense

4x22 All or Nothing

Brittany being told by MIT that she has a brilliant mind was a little surprising but returning from her trip with a new attitude was strange and over the top, Ryder finally finding out who was responsible for catfishing was great but Marley willing to take the blame was a surprise as she has a boyfriend, Emma organising the wedding was nice way to end the season

Glee Season 5 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 5 Premieres September 19, 2013

Discuss Anything About Season 5 Here

5x01 Love, Love, Love

Rachel's diner audition was awesome and everyone willing to help Blaine with his proposal was nice but Kitty wanting to keep her relationship with Artie on the down low was insensitive and for once I loved all the music

5x02 Tina in the Sky With Diamonds

I'm surprise Santana admitted to doing a commercial for vaginal anti-fungal cream but Kurt saying she doesn't have a yeast infection was amusing and the new nurse getting her veils mixed up was priceless but who got the urine shot instead of a vaccine, the "Carrie" style prank with the bucket of blood was disgusting and I hope they get their revenge on her

5x04 The Quarterback

Talk about a tear-jerker!  This episode had me bawling from the beginning.  I think they dealt with such a difficult topic very well.  I also appreciated that rather than dwelling on the "how", the focused on the loss for all who loved him.  The scene with his mother, step-dad & Kurt just broke my heart.  It was good to see they showed how such a loss affects so many people in their lives, because sometimes people, and especially young people, don't really think about how devastating such a loss is for those that take care of everyone else and seem to be OK.  The last scene with Mr. Shue kind of drove that home.  For me, yes, it's sad that another young actor has died (from drugs AGAIN), but I think it made me cry because it brought to mind how many young people I have known who have died.

I know on the US broadcast, they had something right after it aired which addressed the issue of addiction.  I haven't seen that as yet, since it didn't air on the Canadian broadcast.

It's a challenging topic, as I have seen what addiction can do, and even when one has cleaned up their life, the risk of relapse is SO high.  It makes me sad to hear people talk about addiction like it's some sort of character flaw, and when someone dies as a result, to hear them say that the person got what they deserved, or to negate any of the positive things they did with their life.  Life isn't as simple as that.  Humans are complex, and can make bad choices in certain areas, while excelling at others.  No matter how someone dies, the loss is great for someone.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

5x03 The Quarterback

What a nice way to celebrate Finn's life and Santana loosing her temper with Sue was a surprise and as much as I hate her character violence is wrong but being mature enough to apologize made a nice surprise

5x04 A Katy or A Gaga

Marley getting suspended was a surprise and Jake trying to make out with her while wearing her costume was pushing it but he didn't waste ant time getting closer to Bree

5x05 The End of Twerk

Rachel convincing Kurt they should both get tattoos was amusing as Kurt's was misspelt and she pretended she chickened out and Marley discovering Jake's relationship with Bree was bound to upset her

5x06 Movin’ Out

Artie getting in Sue's bad book by trying to something nice for Becky was great and Marley having another suitor should be interesting

5x07 Puppet Master

I had a felling Blaine dancing with the puppet was an hallucination as you could her a hissing when he sad down but telling Jake to site in the same seat was amusing and Marley should think herself lucky as it looks like Jake has blown it with Bree after her pregnancy scare

5x08 Previously Unaired Christmas

Sue introducing this episode as a Christmas special that FOX didn't allow to air last year was different, the kids giving Rachel, Kurt and Santana a hard time when they worked as Santa's elves at a mall was disappointing and I had a feeling the replacement Santa was to good to be true

5x09 Frenemies

Tina pushing Artie out of his chair did look like an accident but the tension between them was interesting and Santana snagging the part of Rachel's understudy was nice but it upsetting Rachel was surprising

5x10 Trio

Emma and Will getting caught making out in the closest was amusing but surprising especially with her phobias but Santana and Rachel's Gloria song competition was amusing

5x11 City of Angels

Remembering Finn before they travel to Los Angeles to compete in Nationals was nice but coming second was a shame as they were doing it for Finn

5x12 - 100

Past and current members reuniting for one final assignment was a nice way to celebrate the 100th episode

5x13 New Directions

April and Holly playing kill, marry or bone was amusing as Will was on both their lists and the chums daydream was amusing as it was obviously based on friends but with the graduation and the end of Glee club this could of been a series finale

5x14 New New York

Artie having his backpack stolen with a guy on crutches was cruel but amusing as they caught the guy responsible

Thread