Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

wish i could play like this

Too many tv shows not enough time to watch them

I feel like i will never be able to watch all the show i want and now i need an excel spreadsheet to remind myself which shows i haven't watched. I have a good memory but amount of tv show have become too much for my memory.

I remember a time when i only watch 3 hours of tv show a day rest of day i was living life and today i spend whole day watching today's show . .

Reply 1062#1062 bala's post

I just treated my wife to a Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab 4 and the house to our first laptop and a 5TB personal cloud hard drive so I am going to be busy transferring my video's, plus my daughter has just ordered the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with a 64GB of storage to come Monday

Reply 1063#1063 codebreaker's post

You are a great husband treating your wife to that and laptop is for who ?

It's wonderful how we survived without any of these back in 90's

Reply 1063#1063 codebreaker's post

I know I'm a bit old for adoption, but would you adopt me Jim? LOL! You're very generous to your family.   I'm sure your wife is delighted with the new tablet. I don't have one, but a decent tablet is on my wish list. Now, if other stuff around the house would just stop breaking, I could actually get one instead of using the money I save for one to replace stuff like the vacuum cleaner (that was the last thing that drained my fund).
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1065#1065 waterlilybarb's post

She is delighted now that our daughter has set it up for her but the laptop is a disaster after it's first charge it wont switch back on

Reply 1066#1066 codebreaker's post

That sucks about the laptop. If it continues to be problematic, can you return it for a new one? I've never had issues like that with a new laptop. The only time I had problems, was when my old one died, but the motherboard was fried on that.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1067#1067 waterlilybarb's post

Guess he's going to keep that mystery

Reply 1068#1068 bala's post

The laptop is back working but my daughter is now using it as my wife and I struggled to get used to it

Just while you we are talking about laptops and such. I have a Macbook Air, it's 4 years old. The power cable frayed and stopped working about a year & half ago. I contacted Apple and they replaced it, no issues. Then it frayed again just recently. So I chanced my arm and contacted them again.

I got put through to a supervisor and he explained that I was well outside my warranty but he did not like that it had frayed again and believed I had received a faulty one, replacing the original faulty one (apparently they redesigned them in 2013 so this fraying wouldn't happen). Not only that, my laptop is from the US so I have to use an adapter here. He sent me a new US power cable and a UK/Ireland one! I have to say I know Apple are very good with their support/replacements, but even that surprised me. The power cables are the best part of about €70 each, so that's €140 replacements that really I wasn't entitled to.

I think it's worth it investing in apple products!!

Reply 1069#1069 codebreaker's post

Window 8 is annoying

Reply 1071#1071 bala's post

My first and only computer has been Vista which is what I'm used too

Reply 1072#1072 codebreaker's post

i grew up with window 95,98 ,xp and windows 7 which is what i am using now.

Look like i am back to solo posting since Jim is very busy with life which is great .

This place is great distraction but having a life is more important can't believe this place has made my tv addiction 10 times worse but i enjoyed it. .

Summer tv season starts tomorrow lot of new show starting

Reply 1074#1074 bala's post

The other night my computer refused to communicate with my router so I watched The Avengers (2012) on the TV and was surprised to see Coulson so used IMDB to see what else I have missed and got an even bigger surprise so I now looking for the other Marvel’s feature films before I resume watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply 1075#1075 codebreaker's post

OMG i watched that on bbc last week on bank holiday

[ Last edited by bala at 5-31-2015 18:04 ]

Reply 1076#1076 bala's post

Captain America: The First Avenger is what I'm about to watch next

Reply 1077#1077 codebreaker's post

You didn't know about those movies ?

I much prefer Captain America 2: The Winter soldier to the first one. The first too historical based that it didn't really keep my interest.

Here the order

1 Phase One: Avengers Assembled

1.1 Iron Man (2008)
    1.2 The Incredible Hulk (2008)
    1.3 Iron Man 2 (2010)
    1.4 Thor (2011)
    1.5 Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
    1.6 Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

2 Phase Two

2.1 Iron Man 3 (2013)
    2.2 Thor: The Dark World (2013)
    2.3 Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
    2.4 Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
    2.5 Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Now we are reaching Phase 3: Civil war

Reply 1078#1078 bala's post

Thanks for the list, looks like I have been watching phase one backwards

Reply 1079#1079 codebreaker's post

For phase 1 it really makes no difference,  it's phase 2 and 3 that you need watch in order since Agent of Shield start from phase 2 onwards .

Thread