Thread
Printable Version

New look is coming

Reply 39#39 Milks26's post

Thanks. I was joking when I talked of a steep price increase ;) Obviously, it is a bug, as the site still advertises 3 points per episode. I have contacted the owner and I trust it will be fixed shortly and points will be reimbursed as well. I see @kitty862003 has had the same issue.

Points deducted for movies before pressing Play

Found another bug. For movies, the 5 points are deducted as soon as we open the page, so before pressing play. I just lost 10 points checking out 2 movies. Once again, not playing them, just opening the page to get some details. Please fix. Thanks

Viewing History doesn't show the episode you've watched any more - it just shows the Season. This makes it difficult to keep track of which episode(s) you've already watched. Could we have it back to how it used to work so that it shows the episode and season watched, please? Also, if I click on the Season that is listed in Viewing History (whilst logged in, obviously) for some reason a message appears stating "Please Login In!" - with just an OK button. Clicking on the OK button (eventually) takes you to a login page, but shows in the top right hand corner your login name (i.e. you're already logged in). Very strange!!

Reply 43#43 jcsbrook's post

At first that was one of annoyance until - when you click on the season in your viewing history a check mark there is a beside the last episode watched.

But, yes, the old was better

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 11-25-2019 19:32 ]

Its missing Chromecast icon ???? 

Having same problems as others:
  • Losing points due to pausing TV shows (actually I don't even pause intentionally, very often I need to reload the page because it stops streaming due to connection or whatever) 
  • Lost points just for opening movie description pages to read what they were about
  • No Chromecast anymore 
  • Getting logged out when viewing on another device. Many (most?) of us view on both our phone and computer. The days of single-device services are long gone. 
  • On the positive side, two really nice changes are the checkmark to keep track of what you've watched, and the resume playback feature. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally posted by mssweet at 11-20-2019 19:04 Could we get some clarification on the following: Only one free episode per season instead of 3? Are we only allowed to choose from two plans? Neither one of those above are good so I am hoping they ...

ALSO - do we not get the free 5 minute preview on movies anymore either?

Is there a forum that gives us updates on the bugs and errors going on with the new site?

Its really not a good update to the site at all Wish it had stayed the same.
creativeemotion dot com

New Look

Generally, I like the new look and keeping the point system is important to me. I like the notice area and that I can easily view what I have watched. What I don't like is eliminating the 5-minute preview for movies and changing the first three episodes for free and reducing that number to only one episode. . If I remember correctly, the 3 free came about when you started charging 3 points per show from 2 points. It seemed like a good trade off at the time but not so much now that you've taken 2 free episodes away, Please change that free episodes back to the first three. Keep your long-term, loyal customer base happy.  Thank the coders for all their hard work but have them restore these few gems that were taken away from us.
[ Last edited by themothership at 11-28-2019 01:45 ]

Is there another forum where we might get some answers to our questions??

Quote:
Originally posted by mssweet at 11-26-2019 22:33 ALSO - do we not get the free 5 minute preview on movies anymore either?Is there a forum that gives us updates on the bugs and errors going on with the new site?Its really not a good update to the sit ...
creativeemotion dot com

5 min Movie Preview

Since the last change to the format, there's no longer a 5 minute free preview of movies.  I think that's a bad decision: I am not willing to waste 5 points on a movie I've never heard of, but I was often interested enough to give it 5 minutes of my time, and watched many movies ONLY because of the free preview. I'm sure you will notice a lot of people spending a lot less points on movies now that there is no preview option. You should bring back the free 5 minute movie preview.

Free movie preview back on and movie bug fixed

To those wondering:
- The 5-min free preview is back on. Although it looks like it's charging 5 points in the Viewing history, those 5 points are not actually deducted.
- It looks like the bug that was deducting 5 points upon loading the movie page (before hitting Play) has been fixed.
Thank you!

Edit: Actually, it seems all of the above only applies to desktops/laptops. On mobiles, the movie bug is still here (just lost 10 points) and the free 5-min preview is nowhere to be seen.
[ Last edited by lolotte at 12-12-2019 13:28 ]

site will no load properly

i cant log in ..just a few episode pics are up links to login and every thing else wont work.

windows 10...pc...firefox browser

banlron

Reply 52#52 banlron's post

Have you tried a different browser? It's working in Chrome for me, on my Windows 10 pc.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 53#53 waterlilybarb's post

its not working on waterfox, microsoft edge or chrome for me with windows 10 laptop or on my samsung s20 phone. the login button top right isnt there, if i click on a episode pic it takes me to the login screen but then just takes me back to home screen

yup same

same as no buttons wont work on any browser cant log in

Reply 55#55 banlron's post

That's so odd. I just tried it on my Android tablet, and my laptop, and it worked without any problem on both.

can you confirm we are still using https://vip.tv-video.net/ and not the new site?  and can you please look into why its not working for me

Reply 57#57 kitty862003's post

Yes, that is the site I tested.

whats the best way for this issue to be looked into for me please?

Reply 59#59 kitty862003's post

Have you tried accessing the site through a VPN or proxy server? I used the Hola add-on for Chrome to check if it worked from a different country - so I tested Canada & the US. In the past, sometimes it's someone's internet provider that has blocked the site. Since, thus far, only you and banlron have posted about the issue, I don't think it's affecting many others, since those kind of problems tend to be one of the things that causes people to post in the forum.

Thread