Thread
Printable Version

List of Cancelled or Ended Series

Reply 20#20 joe200101's post

Thanks for pointing that out. I edited both of the shows. It's unknown whether we'll get the new Futurama episodes though. When shows are done like that, we sometimes don't - ex: Battlestar Galactica: Mini-Series & Razor, Dr. Who Christmas episodes.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #20 joe200101's post

No...I'm pretty sure it was because of ratings decline. It moved around so many time slots in its senior year that the ratings were so dismal, FOX canceled it. Here's the link to MITM's history on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_in_the_Middle. It would be nice if we got the Futurama movies...I've found a few good laughs every now and then watching the show. I like the theme song ...

it's so sad friends ended...

Well since the admins obviously are going to have quite a bit of down time until this fall i hope they update the sites layout before the new episodes in the fall begin... there have been tons of new suggestions to improve the site, i hope they implement some of our suggestions.

This is awesome.. I still can't believe October Road got cancelled... Now One Tree Hill has to bring back Jake! I'm getting tired of the Peyton and Lucas storyline that just goes back and forth..

Reply 24#24 ninetails222's post

I assure you our Administrators take suggestions into account. The layout of the site is fairly simple, which is a good thing for newbies. We'll have to wait and see what changes will be implemented.

Quote:
Originally posted by angel17halo at 6-13-2008 07:59 This is awesome.. I still can't believe October Road got cancelled... Now One Tree Hill has to bring back Jake! I'm getting tired of the Peyton and Lucas storyline that just goes back and forth.. ...
Ah, you love Bryan too? Seriously. I want Jake to come back too!

Wasn't Buffy cancelled too?
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 For being observant. :) 6-19-2008 12:01

Reply 28#28 Gwame's post

You're right. I can't believe it was forgotten when the list was compiled. We'll edit it in. Thank you for pointing that out. EDIT: I added it.

No problem

well when you finally lose all of the acne...they lose interest.... I'm sad about deadwood...i really liked that series

This post was really helpful thanks for putting it out there

Well from that list only one of my favorites got cancelled I really thought there would be more of dead like me. but it's good to know Charmed ended for its own path. i heard it was almost going to be canceled on the 7th season but they got it together for the 8th.

Cancelled stuff

This info is really helpfull. That sux that they cancelled Moonlight. It was really getting good too. And that show Blood Ties is actually really good & clever. It sux when good shows get the axe.

I think ER needs to be added to this list since this will be it's last season.

It sucks how they ended both Blood Ties and Moonlight they were two cool shows. I kinda liked Blood Ties more then Moonlight just for they fact that Henry is the sexiest vampire I have ever came across. I still carry a candle of hope that they will come back 2 me.
GET A FREE XBOX 360

http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=98689      

Reply 35#35 imarielle626's post

Shows are only added when they are finished their run.

thought i should let you know that star trek enterprise (which is not on your list) was cancelled by its network in febuary 2005 but was allowed to finish its final season. it is also the first star trek series since the original that has been cancelled by its network rather than finished by its producers.

Inconsiderate Cancellations

Possibly my biggest pet-peeve in television is when a network produces a program with some intruiging plot, and then for one reason or another abruptly cancels that program without providing an adequate conclusion. This list contains more than one example of this type of iconsiderate behavior. For instance, Journeyman had a provocative, mindbending plot about a normal guy who suddenly begins to time-travel to set certain past events "right"--a la Quantum Leap. However, unlike Quantum Leap, the reason for the main character's time-travel wasn't initially explained--though it would eventually and gradually be revealed in the progress of the program. Unfortunately, Journeyman became one of the many victims of the Writers' Strike and was surrepticiously cancelled. No answers, no conclusions, no satisfaction! I don't blame NBC-Universal for the cancellation itself--I know they have good reasons for these things, and afterall, they ARE a business whose primary goal is to make money. HOWEVER, couldn't they cough up enough cash to produce a final episode which would somehow wrap up the series and at least give some sort of pay-off to the viewers who'd invested several hours into supporting the show and its advertisers? ABC attempted this with its final airing of Jericho earlier this year, but it seemed to be s a half-hearted attempt at best. But I will applaud the effort nonetheless! I simply wish more networks would consider the fans of these shows and make a bit of an effort to at least provide them with some sort of satisfaction. BTW, Bravo to Joss Whedon and gang for giving EXACTLY the sort of satisfying ending to the Firefly series of which I speak and for going the extra mile by getting the finale released in movie theaters!! Now THAT is fan-appreciation! [ Last edited by allenfrisch at 8-7-2008 06:45 ]

Reply 39#39 allenfrisch's post

I totally agree, looking down that list, I can't believe how many great shows have been cancelled, and how many I don't feel had satisfactory endings. Thank goodness for Joss Whedon realising what the fans need when a show ends! Also, is this list for the newly added free shows too? I noticed Sex and the City isn't on the list.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Thread