Thread
Printable Version

Carnivale Season 1-2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Carnivale Season 1-2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Well what is this show about because from internet it says this a show about ben who was abandoned by his parents and Carnivale takes him in, sounds simple enough right but what does good vs Evil,  that part mean in this show doesn't make sense ?

Wow i remember i wanted to watch this back 2006 but not shown on tv i actually forgotten about this until today when it got added

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 12-8-2010 11:29 ]

I am really starting to enjoy watching Carvinal.  It is that type of show that you don't know if you like it or not until the end of an episode. Than you can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.  I like the story line.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 2#2 penny3760's post

i gave up 20 minutes in

EXCELLENT SHOW!

This is a breath of fresh air in terms of originality...

Its more of a contemplative 'thinking man's' drama....if you like something a little dark, a little strange and a little freaky ...this is for you...............also the main baddie was inspired casting.

Don't be put off by by impatience.....Watch it.

It may be a slow burner but in the end you wont be disappointed..
.......On the inter-net ,  nobody knows your a dog.......

PS

WHY ?????................start a threat about a NEW show in a negative way?

Doesn't the management want people 'ENCOURAGED to watch their shows????
.......On the inter-net ,  nobody knows your a dog.......

Reply 4#4 iklemiracle's post

I watched  season 1  back in the day when it aired. I never got around to watching the 2nd season. I'll watch the whole series one day.

If you don't have an open mind, and can't think beyond the box -  this show will be boring. Carnivale is a deeply intellectual show......At the time it aired on HBO, I don't thing the general audience was ready for it. Plus, it moved too slow which lead to its cancellation.

You're right...for originality this is the show.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 1-10-2015 07:12 ]

Watched the entire series this week. Brilliant!

Season 2 was much better than one since it went further and tried explained the eventual confrontation between Ben & Father Justin and Management & Scudder, in a little more detail but kept the mystery open for future storylines. Too bad creator Daniel Knauf did not get to finish telling his story.

Plus, with Sofie being the Omega, her powers were even greater than Justin & Ben's combine. Whoa!

Thread