Thread
Printable Version

Ashes To Ashes Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ashes To Ashes Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Ashes to Ashes Season 1-3 Here

I watched the first episode of Ashes to Ashes yesterday. I was a bit disappointed, actually. I don't like the 80's at all Should I have waited and watched Life on Mars UK first? It feels like I should have. Hopefully Life on Mars UK will be added on viptv soon.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 12:07 ]

Season 3 Comment

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 12:08 ]

Season 3 - Episode 1

Gene is forced to hand his badge in whilst the investigation is carried out for shooting Alex but that didn't stop him from working the kidnapping case and Alex trying to warn them about blue asbestos

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 12:09 ]

Season 3 - Episode 2

Nice work by Shaz considering she wants to leave the police but when Shaz got the wrong idea after Gene said he wanted to see her out off uniform but he meant promotion into CID i thought was funny

Season 3 - Episode 3

Good episode i liked the was Ray saved the arsonist fireman from killing himself and his wife

Season 3 - Episode 4

Another good episode when Gene appears to allow the armed woman to escape it's revealed that the woman is an undercover police officer but when Gene ends up blowing her cover and she later shows up badly beaten up who would of thought she played them all

Season 3 - Episode 5

Gene destroying the evidence has hampered Alex from find out more about the disappearance of Sam Tyler

Season 3 - Episode 6

Good episode but when Sgt Viv James is left behind when they are forced to retreat a prison riot but who would of thought it was Viv that took the gun into the prison with tragic consequences

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 12:10 ]

Season 3 - Episode 7

Another good episode Keats is still trying to get Alex to discover the truth about what happened to Sam Tyler. Chris standing up to Gene made a nice change but not sure if Alex and Gene should get together and only one more episode to go

Season 3 - Episode 8

As a series final this has to be the strangest and does explain both Life on Mars (UK) and Ashes to Ashes that there was no coma but they were all dead but finishing the show the same way as Life on Mars (UK) started didn't make much sense

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post Season 3 Comment

Well I'm not sure if this was a satisfactory explanation of both Life On Mars & Ashes To Ashes.  I get that they were all dead and didnt know it, but just what was Keats's role in it all?  It seemed to me that he was no 'good guy' as he was claiming to Alex.  It looked to me that if you did indeed follow him you wre going to end up in a less than 'heavenly' place no matter how attractive it looked.  Does this mean that there is a 'transition life' awaiting us all if we die in a violent way?

Another thing I didnt understand was that Sam appeared to have gotten back to his reality at the end of Life On Mars before jumping off the roof thus Alex knowing about him being dead.  So, why was she so hell bent on finding out if Gene had killed him in the alternate reality?  I might have to rewatch Life On Mars then this last series again.

trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply 10#10 trulee's post Season 3 Comment

Your right i still have the last episode of Life On Mars so i watched the last half hour and after the train robbery Sam goes in to the light in the tunnel and obviously out of his coma but then jumps of the roof to go back to 1973 and help save them from the train robbers

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post Season 3 Comment

Now Keats obviously knew what was going on but chose not to tell Alex outright just goad her into getting Gene to come clean.  he obviously knew Gene didnt kill Sam so why the big mystery?  Anyway it was I guess a novel way to explain how it all happened though not why Gene was chosen as the one to 'guide' these lost souls to the next world.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 12:11 ]
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Thread