Thread
Printable Version

Scoundrels Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Scoundrels Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Can a family of small-time criminals go legit? Scoundrels tells the story of the Wests, who are forced to change their lifestyle after the man of the house gets sent to the big house. Cheryl, loving mother and devoted wife, will do everything she can to keep her family together and on the straight and narrow.

Scoundrels stars Virginia Madsen as Cheryl West; David James Elliott as Wolfgang "Wolf" West; Patrick Flueger as Logan West/Calvin "Cal" West; Leven Rambin as Heather West; Vanessa Marano as Hope West and Carlos Bernard as Sergeant Mack.

Scoundrels is an adaptation of the New Zealand series Outrageous Fortune, which follows the attempted reformation of a small-time crime family while its patriarch is away in prison.

http://abc.go.com/shows/scoundrels

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 12-6-2010 22:44 ]
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

1x01 And Jill Came Tumbling After

A family of small-town criminals is shaken when their father is sentenced to a surprisingly long prison term, leaving mom to take care of the criminally enterprising brood. In an effort to keep her kids out of trouble, she decides it's time for the family to go straight, despite their best efforts to maintain the status quo.

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Well it was great episode but 5 years isn't a long time we seen law shows where people get sentence for 20+ years but finding out how the oldest son got beaten up by a elderly women while he was stealing her stuff put a smile on my face as for young daughter black mailing her school principle was great.. What kind of dad encourages his son to actually explore illegal opportunities these character are so twisted that it's actually funny.   but i got hand it to the mother , she's fantastic .

1x02 Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

Cal finds out his new job as a pool boy has unexpected requirements and Cheryl connection for getting the toilet paper back was funny but if she finds out that Wolf was behind the theft she will hit the roof

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yes it was funny of all the thing to steal toilet paper . Wolf really know pull thing even when he's locked up . i can't wait to see what he does next.

1x03 Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Logan showing the true West family colors by getting the guys to get his folder back from Hugh was great but Wolf getting Alan arrested backfired

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Well he should of told the cop to not mention him .

poor hope that must hurt . Wolf get released to go funeral was nice but his daughter convince the cop to let him stay half an hour and it turned into a day. not exactly most interesting episode but Wolf manages to do damage control with his wife

[ Last edited by bala at 7-19-2010 20:06 ]

Reply 8#8 bala's post

That was horrible with Hope about loose her virginity but being called Heather by mistake

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

No girls like being called their sister name when you know what  

1x05 Yes, Sir, Yes, Sir, Three Bags Full

Another good episode when after Wolf gets Cal a job which almost cost hope her life but Logan filling in on the other job was funny and Heather stripping didn't go down well with her mother

look like Cheryl just can't get a break just when she think she found a good job it turned to be a con and only reason she hired was because she was a West but her stealing the bosses car was funny.

1x06 Birds of a Feather Flock Together

Good episode with Nina Hong saying she's pregnant has got Cal scared it's his or as everyone says (you moron) until he realised Logan had slept with Patty Hong when he was pretending to be him last week. Hope sabotaging Chantelle hair and Cheryl getting her own back on her former boss was great

Episode 7

Another good episode does anyone think there's chemistry cop and Cheryl  love bit during the drug bust. Cal trying rob that man car but needed his girlfriend help him out was funny. Logan and Patty getting together was predictable.

Reply 14#14 bala's post

Yes i thing there is chemistry between Cheryl and Sergeant Mack but him getting the money back is the first decent think he has done

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

it's second decent thing he has done, the first take away her criminal record regarding shop lifting in her first job.

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf

Well he finally made his move on Cheryl but we find out someone framed Wolf

Cal breaking up with his girlfriend wasn't best decision since she had his money.  Just as one West is getting out jail another is enter.

Heather getting married was a surprise even after everyone told her that it was bad idea consider she doesn't feel same way about

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Cal getting arrested just as Wolf is released was amusing and Wolf coming home to find Cheryl and Sergeant Mack in a compromising situation should be interesting

The first 8 episodes has now been added to VIP

Well I've seen all 8 episodes.  At times it was interesting but for the most part it's just there. Nothing really big.  The same story every week.  Although Cal going in/Wolf coming out was a bit ironic.

The compromising position at the end was a bit cliche.

If it does *actually* get renewed for more episodes i would watch them...on vip.  Probably wouldn't take the time during my tv week though.  They will have to spice up the story lines and dialogue if it's to go anywhere.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Thread