Thread
Printable Version

Identity Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Identity Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Identity premiered on ITV 1 on July 05, 2010

When you find out where they’ve been, you’ll discover where they’re going…

Identity is a new six-part series which follows an elite police unit formed to combat the explosion of identity-related crime.

Keeley Hawes and Aidan Gillen star in writer Ed Whitmore's drama which is here to tackle the darker side of reinvention: murderers who literally take other people’s lives, criminals who create new personas to escape evil pasts, impostors who look, talk and sound just like us but would kill you in a heartbeat.

The unit, lead by DSI Martha Lawson, (Keeley Hawes), works any case where making an identification is a significant part of solving the crime by outsmarting, hunting down and unmasking the modern day Jekyll and Hydes.

Lawson, who founded the organisation, also heads up the team and takes a gamble by hiring John Bloom (Aidan Gillen), the secret weapon of the Identity Unit.

Crucially, Bloom is an ex-undercover cop so he knows first hand what it’s like to pretend to be someone you are not. He’s also only too aware of how easy it is to lose your own identity when you’re living a lie...
http://www.itv.com/drama/copsandcrime/identity/

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 17:12 ]

1x01 Second Life

Great first episode when the team investigate a man's claims that he is being framed for a murder that he did not commit and all because the guy responsible fathers infidelity

1x02 Chelsea Girl

Another great episode when after a young British woman is killed abroad and her passport used by somebody else following her death she kidnaps her father future pregnant bride the cop uses unorthodox way to get her to tell them where she was

1x03 Pariah

Good episode when The team have to deal with a sensitive case in which Amy Quilan and her 10-year-old son Sam are both protected by the witness protection scheme. When Sam is abducted the team work to get Sam back before it is too late and in the process getting him back find out she and the liaison officer are responsible because they was after an old reward

1x04 Reparation

Another good episode when Bloom's undercover life catches up with him again it ends up compromising the case and he finds himself having to choose between doing his job properly and saving his own skin all because he was spotted with a dead man in the boot of his car

1x05 Somewhere They Can’t Find Me

Another good episode with Bloom now having the body from his car in his fridge, and when the DNA of a middle-class mother is linked to a known terrorist who has been on the run for the best part of 25 years why didn't anyone check her belongings before she attacked the police woman. Who would of thought she was an undercover cop all them years ago

1x06 Tomorrow Comes Earl

Another good episode with Bloom being photographed when he was disposing the body by Anthony but after Martha is threatened and Bloom is the only one who can help her, he finds his loyalties tested

I am so glad this now been added i can watch it now

Reply 8#8 bala's post

You are a little slow watching this

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Well funny enough i missed it with amount of tv show i watch certain shows just miss.

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Well the first episode was good but gay revelation was a surprise . This john bloom character is interesting since he's leading a double life  

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

That stupid women Gail, she was walking out of front door and than she just had to antagonise her.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well this was good episode i had feeling she faked kidnap her son but it's good thing they followed her at the end. it does look like someone found out about john when visited the prison

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Bloom's undercover life catches up with him but you knew it would with only 2 more episode left i can't wait to see how she cover him.

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I have to agree it was a surprise she was a cop but it wasn't smart of her to leave her daughter in same place as that criminal but finding out what she was trying to do was right thing but shoot her cop partner before he could reveal she was cop was a surprise.

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

This was great season finale, we knew it would eventually catch up to him but what a way for it to catch up with him when his boss get capture, he really had no choice. I really do hope there is a second season and i finish this whole show in half a day .

Reply 16#16 bala's post

According to the official website this show is now over

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Well it was fun while it lasted -we really need get more British show on this site along some other type of shows.

While i enjoy US show you got me watching Aussie shows thanks to Dstanley

Reply 18#18 bala's post

I must admit i love most of the Aussie shows

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Yeah but there are so different from US shows i am really surprised they hadn't adapted any Aussie show as US remake yet they have no problem remaking UK shows like being human or Skins.

I suppose when run out UK show they might turn to Aussie show

Thread