Thread
Printable Version

Single Father Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Single Father Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

When Dave's wife Rita dies suddenly, he finds himself a single father to their four children. Rita's best friend Sarah is also devastated, but offers support to Dave and the family. In the midst of their shared grief, events take a turn that neither Dave nor Sarah could have ever predicted.

I caught this over the weekend after watching David's interview on The Paul O'Grady show. It's a 4 part mini series. I really love David Tennant, he's one of the finest actors around. Anyway, the first episode was really great and I cannot wait to see next weeks. Did anyone else catch this?

Reply 1#1 shinny's post

That was a tragic accident but the way they both said i love you at the same time was nice and the Police letting him go after speeding when they realised who he was i thought was an admission of guilt. The eldest daughter Lucy deciding to turn her back on him and look for her real father was sad

Episode 2

Another good episode were Dave helps to find Lucy's biological father but with him not knowing her real name is suspicious and what's he going to do now Evie knows about Sarah

Episode 3

Great episode with Dave finding out from Rita's diaries that she has been seeing Lucy father on a regular bases through the relationship and now he suspects that the other children might not be his

I thought I had this set up for Sky + but I hadn't. I'll have to watch it on BBC i-player when I get a chance!

Just caught up on the past two episodes. Wow, what do you think will happen? Do you think any of the kids will be Stuarts?

Episode 4

Another good episode when Dave, Lucy and Ewan attends the inquest into Rita's death, i was glad that Lucy father asked for the cameras footage to be shown because i thought the siren wasn't on and good news about the paternity test but Tanya being used to get back at her father and Sarah was sad and what a way for the rest of them to find out

So this was the last episode. The crash scene was hard for Dave to take in, you could see it. I'm glad Lucy realised that Dave is her Dad whilst Stuart is her "Father" - The ending was funny, I thought Sarah was going to leave. So Dave is going to be a father again, with a third woman. He's collecting children, lol !!

Overall I quite enjoyed this mini series although it was quite hit and miss. Evie was the such a good little actress. Loved her last week when she said to Sarah about loving hugs. They were so afraid she would tell. And then she said it to her Dad as well, funny!

Is there going to be a second series?

This has now been added to the Flash site

Thread