Thread
Printable Version

Treasure Island Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Treasure Island Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Treasure Island Premiered on Sky One on January 1, 2012

Treasure Island, the eagerly awaited new drama from Sky1 HD, is now available for sponsorship! Set in the dangerous world of Buccaneers, this two part drama, coming soon to Sky 1 HD, follows the story of Jim Hawkins who is unexpectedly drawn into the world of pirates when he discovers Flint's treasure map. However, Long John Silver (Emmy Award winner Eddie Izzard) will stop at nothing to get hold of the gold for himself. As they set sail for Treasure Island, Jim embarks on an action adventure that will change his life forever.

With Silver preparing to lead a mutiny, who will be the first to find Flint's buried booty? Who will keep control of the ship? And who will leave the island alive? Silver and Jim explore the true meaning of loyalty and betrayal as they battle it out for the treasure... and ultimately their own survival.

Elijah Wood joins a cast that comprises of top British acting talent including newcomer Toby Regbo, set to appear in the final Harry Potter film, who takes on the role of Jim Hawkins as a gutsy, eager and courageous young lad who finds himself battling with Silver (Eddie Izzard) for the treasure and his own life. Shirley Henderson (Harry Potter, Bridget Jones) plays his mother and Nina Sosanya (Love Actually) will be Silver's wife within this star-studded cast.

Homepage
Source

Discuss Anything About Treasure Island Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-16-2012 13:05 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Can't seem to find part 1 online

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I've sent you a link

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Much appreciated

Part 1

Well the first part started slow but Sliver getting kick off the boat was awful but lose his leg was sad. Jimmy meeting longsliver and getting him on the crew for treasury island was going to turn awful but he didn't know what he was getting himself into but smart taking the map but shame he dropped after seeing Sliver kill a man.

Part 2

Well the conclusion was a lot better with Jim finding the treasury but letting longsliver escape at the end was rather strange and after all that trouble Jimmy decides to throw it into the sea.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I nether really thought about how Long John Silver lost his leg but watching the canon snap it and then cut it off himself was amazing and the way John Silver used his gift of the gab to get on the crew was impressive, it's a good job Jimmy overheard what Long John was planning and took the map back

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Jimmy going out to fight was crazy but not half as mad as the Doc which was amusing seeing them run from him and I'm not surprised that after Jimmy's flash back at all the deaths getting the treasure that he wanted to throw it overboard

This has now been added to the flash site

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

I'm glad this has been added because I missed it when it was on TV.

Thread