Thread
Printable Version

Laid (ABC1) Season 1 - 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Laid (ABC1) Season 1 - 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Laid Premiered on ABC1 on February 09, 2011

What happens when a bad one-night stand from your distant past dies in horrible circumstances on a beach in Fiji? Are you supposed to go to the funeral, even though the sum total of his sexual knowledge was gleaned from Revenge of the Nerds? Do you murmur platitudes about him to his loved ones despite his off-putting habit of yelling 'TOUCHDOWN' when he 'finished'?

Roo McVie is faced with these questions and more when boring Brendan from her Uni days dies tragically on holiday. It's enough to make any single girl re-live some of her murkier sexual moments. Not a pleasant place to visit, to be perfectly honest. But when a second ex leaves this mortal coil, she's forced to dwell a little longer.

Add a third on to that, and things just start getting weird.

Laid is a series about sex. Sex and death. Death and valour. Life and love. For Roo, it's hard enough just trying to work out who she is and what it's all about without being dragged back to her chequered bedroom past to protect her exes - and preserve her chance at true love.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Laid Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-20-2012 13:54 ]

Season 1

I remember watching this last year but couldn't find the discussion thread

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Yes it's strange how topics keep disappearing from free chatting topic

1x06 Episode 6

What a dilemma for Roo with all her sexual partner dying in the order she slept with them and 22 has got to be more than a coincidence but Zach thinking he's next and living his dream by streaking on morning TV was amusing and proposing to EJ was strange, Charlie risking it after his mothers intervention could be fatal and looking forward to see what happened

2x01 Episode 1

I thought Marcus being able to cure with his penis was a con but the woman in the wheelchair walking afterwards was amusing and how he was going to help Charlie was a little disturbing

2x02 Episode 2

Interesting dilemma for Roo, does she risk sleeping with Marcus to cure her or could she kill him like the 22 previous partners but Charlie's mother testing him first was a little freaky

2x03 Episode 3

Marcus saying he wouldn't touch Roo if she was the last woman alive may of been cruel and he knew about her past lovers so you can understand why but drugging him may have been wrong but was funny, Charlie thinking he dodged a death bullet going for round two was a disaster because he ended up back in hospital

2x04 Episode 4

That sexual healing class EJ took Roo too was bizarre and I wonder what the bad news is

2x05 Episode 5

What bad timing when Marcus persists in seeking out Roo's help while she's at a funeral and I thought it was ironic that he blames her for him loosing his mo jo but if those were his pick up lines I'm surprised he ever lost his virginity

2x06 Episode 6

Roo and EJ simultaneous confessions was amusing but Roo's reaction to EJ kissing her dad was priceless, Marcus and Roo swapping their abilities will make the next season interesting

Season 2 DVD Extras

Nice insight to the second series but seeing Roo and EJ having a good laugh was great as they obviously enjoyed filming it

Thread