Thread
Printable Version

The Affair Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Affair Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Affair Premieres on Showtime on October 19, 2014

At once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive, THE AFFAIR explores the emotional effects of an extramarital relationship. Noah is a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married, but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law. Alison is a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. Set in Montauk at the end of Long Island, the provocative drama unfolds separately from both the male and female perspectives, using the distinct memory biases of both to tell the story.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Affair Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-6-2014 17:04 ]

This has now been added to the VIP site

Season 1 Review

This was one hell of emotionally roller-coaster of a season and i originally avoided this show because of the topic but because this series won awards and a second season will be starting soon i thought i might as well watch it.

I was really surprised how complex this series became because we learn so much about Noah and Alison and everyone in their lives and it doesn't focus the whole thing on them but people in their lives. Noah daughter actually have some storyline later in season was interesting,  just when you think the affair is over the daughter somehow connect them back together. Each episode make storyline compelling to point where you are rooting for them by episode 6. The biggest surprise is the last episode it blew everything up. .

The gun situation was a nice cliffhanger during Noah segment but during Alison it a completely different story and cliffhanger is Noah getting arrested. So as you can see it's most complex series i have watched because no idea which is the right version.

The most annoying thing is unreliability of both these characters in telling their viewpoint since each episode split into two showing same events from different perspective you see a lot difference between the version and this make murder mystery challenging to figure out but we find out who get murdered in episode 8.   

The time-line is very confusing because we don't know how long each moment happen and fact they have kid by the end is also confusing . There has been a lot of time jumps back and forth    

The sex scenes are ridclous especially the last episode where we see Noah do, so many random women he actually loses his job but a good thing came out of it he managed to write his second book. I did find it rather suspicious his wife suddenly wants to get back with him just as he finished his second book ?.

It's conversation between the character that make this series brilliant. without them, this would been a crap show. If you been married for several years some of these married couple arguments might sound familiar.  You really shouldn't watch this series if you are currently having marriage problem because it could give you some ideas which might not really be great for your situation.

Season 2 Review

So much for a happy ending just when you think they gone through rough parts there was always more to come but i have to be honest Alison really started to annoy me this season and it's because of indecisiveness of her action which made her look like she was not sure what she was doing and you do feel for noah because he's also stuck in this situation he made a choice for love it really bite him on the ass this season and now he going to jail because of her all because he loves her?.

At least we finally found out who killed him and it wasn't Noah it was both the women in his lives and confessing was the only way save both of them. . That's what a call bad bloody luck.

Thread