32 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Slap (US) General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x08 Ritchie

Digging into Ritchie's past just to discredit him as a witness was diabolical and you had to feel for Connie as she had no idea it would go this far but the verdict was great as she also blamed the parents for neglect

This has now been added to the VIP site

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I didn't know it was against the law to hit a child that seem strange to me as most parents i know do hit the kids when they misbehave guess it's a different culture i came from. That slap did sound a bit loud for effect and i am guessing he was annoyed at the dad after argument they were having lead to his violent outburst .

Hextor stopping the affair was good thing but him thanking the slap for him to stop was sad.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-18-2015 13:22 ]

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Getting a witness was hard but if he had kept his cool he could of made it go away but his temper is what's going to get him in trouble and another guy cheating on his wife .

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

This was nice distraction having an episode where the character has own problems to deal with but i am glad she decided to keep the baby

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

That kid really does need some discipline but look both of them are not bothered but digging up dirt on them is just going to make the situation worse

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Connie telling her about the photos as payback for what happen with husband was awful i don't think she would told her if he hadn't rejected her but these sideline issues about characters are really interesting.

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Aisha being stuck in middle of this situation is unfortunate but finding out affair was bad but telling him about her affair seem like there can get past it.

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

I don't think she realised how far it would go and now she looking for a way out

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

This was the toughest episode out of the whole series to watch because Richie was really by stander and having his past revealed was unfortunate consequence to the point where he considered taking his own life . I am glad he managed to testify and his explanation was right he really didn't want expose all the secrets there were hiding.

The verdict was great hope this teach them and people to be careful when around children you can't expect other people look after your kids while at party , expecting a time out from parenting because it's a social situation. .

I am sure most parents are guilty of this once in while but this show what could happen when something unexpected happens.

What else can I say - but pretty damn good. I want to see the original Australian version so badly now.

I would've slapped Rosie and Hugo more than once. That woman was insufferable.

32 12
Thread