Thread
Printable Version

What is your absolute favourite show? - Quiz (Closed. Winners in Post #15)

What is your absolute favourite show? - Quiz (Closed. Winners in Post #15)

Ok all, we have a really simple quiz for you. It's just one question:

Q: If someone said you could only watch one show and one show only, what would that be and why?

Everyone who replies gets 5 points for their answer. The best answer will get an additional 30 points, second best will get an additional 20 points and third best will get an additional 10 points. .

You must only pick one show. Post your answers below. We'll run the quiz for a week and winners will be announced at the end. Good luck!!

I'll start:

Show:
Blue Bloods

Why:
I just love it. It's the one show that, when it's on the site, I have to watch it immediately. I think the reasons are a few. 1) It's set in New York and I love New York (my second home!!) I'm always watching either saying "Oh, I've been there" or noting a place to visit when I am there again. lol. 2) I love the Regan family dynamic. I reminds me of my own family. Ok, maybe not as cheesy but somewhere in between. 3) I think they always have great stories. I never get bored of it so that's a good sign!
Ok, that's my one. So what's yours?

[ Last edited by shinny at 3-2-2015 18:36 ]

I can't believe you are making me choose

Show: Finding Carter

Why
There isn't many shows that have affected me emotionally but this show is one of the best drama show i have ever watched mainly because concept is unique. I have seen all the typical drama most of it is predictable but this show isn't like any other drama show i have seen. The idea that find out a women who has raised you for 15 years is your kidnapper is a scary thought and than being reunited with real family who are strangers is even more scary. Another reason i like the show is because of the main actress she handled a complicated character with ease which challenge even most talented actress.  Lastly it keep my focus most show i can watch in background while doing other stuff but this is a show i make sure i watch without any distraction.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 2-22-2015 07:52

Reply 1#1 shinny's post

Show: South park

Why: It's humour is very silly just like mine. And relentlessly mocks everything that makes an appearance.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 2nd Place - Congrats! 3-2-2015 12:20
  • shinny Points +15 2nd Place - Congrats! 3-2-2015 12:20
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 2-22-2015 07:53

This is a LOT harder than I expected!

Show:
Gilmore Girls

Why?:
I never tire of it, and happily watch episodes repeatedly.  It reminds me of the kind of relationship I had with my Mum.  While it's obviously not exactly the same, that "best friends first and mother/daughter second" DID become our relationship, especially as I got older.  The inside jokes, and shared humour remind me of those same kind of things we had in our home, and the rewatching of old movies EVERY time they were on, or renting and re-watching a movie as soon as we finished watching it is something we did all the time.  The fun part of that was, after umpteen viewings, even a movie that's not a comedy (which most weren't), will ALWAYS make you laugh, because there is pretty much always something mockable, even in good movies...though bad movies are much more fun to mock.   
One of the funny things I noticed, is that my Mum was actually much more like the Rory character, and my personality was more like Lorelai's - so the dynamic was different, but kind of the same.  I remember giving my Mum tips on how to be slightly less "nice", since it sometimes encouraged attention where none was desired, which still makes me laugh because I could see how that would have worked on the show.
Also, I love their town, and all of the supporting characters.  It was witty, and silly, and sometimes poignant.  What's not to love about a show like that?

p.s. On a side note, any of us moderators that choose to participate are only doing it for fun.  We are not in the running for any of the points.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Totally Hard!!

Show:
Charmed

Why:
I could watch this show everyday.  The characters are always evolving.  I enjoy the struggle between good and evil and Love the dynamic.  I would be ecstatic if they came out with a sequel involving the kids.  How kewl would that be!

Thank you for the quiz!!

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 2-22-2015 06:02 ]
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +15 1st Place - Congrats! 3-2-2015 12:19
  • shinny Points +15 1st Place - Congrats! 3-2-2015 12:19
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 3-2-2015 12:19
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I guess it's Curious George.

Because I am already trapped in that hell and that show is bearable.

Banshee

Why:
Two things, first thing you have a convict impersonating a police officer with very few people finding out the truth and the fact he makes a pretty good cop just adds to the show, second you have a gang of criminals together are awesome but separate they just mingle into the background and the fact not everything runs smoothly makes it that more enjoyable
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +10 3rd Place - Congrats! 3-2-2015 12:21
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 2-23-2015 11:39

If I were allowed only 1 show forever, it would be Absolutely Fabulous. It is the most amazing comedy ever written. I never tire of it somehow.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 2-23-2015 11:40

If I was being serious, Probably How I met Your Mother.

Seems to never get old and hilarious. Barney's character and Lily and Marshall are my favorites.

My favorite show all time?
Oh gosh, I think I forgot half the shows I've watched over the years.
One of my biggest problems with tv shows is that I have no patience to wait for the story arcs to finally emerge and get solved. Which is why shows as revenge that I start watching and am very excited about at the time, quickly lose my interest.
That being said I have to say that I'm was a huge CSI: Miami fan as well as any of the NCIS series and spin-offs.
It was difficult to chose and I narrowed it down to two: In second place: Crossing Jordan, I never forgot the show eventhough it's been cancelled for a while, but my favorite has to be Veronica Mars.
Why?
I was in my teens when it came out on Belgian television and I was always looking out for the next episode, never missing one. And I have probably watched them all 4 times. The humor combined with the mystery and the overall storyline per season  was always engaging and never boring and while I was sad when it was cancelled, I kept thinking about the show from time to time an rewatching key episodes. It's basically a combination of the great dialogues and the overall feeling that was associated with the show.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 2-24-2015 12:14

X Files

Mulder and Scully you can't beat them. The show had great writing and great characters who were well developed and explored. Yes, they were a few episodes I could have lived without, but overall it was an excellent show.

HBO's OZ ,The Shield, and Sex & the City, Law & Order (the original), Cold Case, Futurama are runner -ups.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 3-2-2015 07:04 ]

The Closer

I love shows with leading ladies with strong personalities and Brenda is all that!!!!
Recent Ratings
  • Milks26 Points +5 Thanks for participating 2-27-2015 19:49
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Modern Family

While I love shows like The Shield, The Closer, Hannibal, Sopranos, House of Cards (when will Season 3 be posted at VIPTV????!!!!), Modern Family is my favorite because it's short, makes me laugh and I always enjoy the family dynamic and originality/cleverness of the writing. It's a few seasons in and the latest episode "Connection Lost" filmed all via FaceTime was brilliant.

[ Last edited by Renagle at 2-28-2015 15:00 ]
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 2-28-2015 09:48

Have you ever lost someone? Someone really close?
Perhaps a girlfriend or boyfriend.. a wife or a husband?
Maybe your mother or father, a son or a daughter..
Or even just a friend.. that special friend..

The one that you completely open up to
and feel like you have finally discovered
what it means to be "at home with"..
- fully able to be yourself. Having "found" yourself!

Maybe it's because you resonate with this person
and until the moment you found them, you were Alone
drifting in an unforgiving sea with a never-ending, undulating motion
like an empty sickness and in an incomprehension..

Washed up, and near drowned out..
A beach... accidentally discovered..
An island, in fact!
Your "Rock".
Somewhere on the edges of society
Out in the freakish zone
You suddenly "fit"
A triangular peg through a triangular hole..
Out on the Fringe..

And what is it like.. when this person you've found..
Who is your "all" and "everything"..
Far from the norm, but whilst here, You: finally "normal"
Is in the hospital.. not long to go now..
Soon they will come to an end..

I don't know about you.. but for me
Life is a once-through experience..
Memories and re-runs can be wonderful, it is true..
But it is the newness of each of life's episodes
The "unknown" of what is to come
That makes life worth living..
A memory.. well, you've already lived that..
You know how it ends..

So here you are.. in this place..
and suddenly you can't see them any more..
It's not yet over..
But it's like they've been rushed into surgery..
And your credit card doesn't work..
You can't get any more F$
And you just have to wait..

and wait...

and Wait..!

Until finally.. they're available once again..
Out of surgery... that was a close call...
But deep down inside..
You know there's not long left
Before their time has finally come..
And it is over.
Permanently.

And there's a difference between having to wait..
And then, choosing to wait..
Because, suddenly, you don't want it to be over..
You don't want it to end..
You've become so attached to these people
Who, like you, are out on the Fringe
And it's not just "living vicariously"
It's a deeply felt connection.. and a place you call home
A people, where you're you...
And then they're gone..

You can hear the machine flat-lining.

You knew this moment would come..
And torn between holding out..
And experiencing the end you knew had to come..
It is finally here..

And they're gone.

Not just a person.
But an entire family.
A "people"
A reality.
An existence.

I'm not one for re-living memories...
I'd rather experience the new...
But for some strange reason
Out here on the Fringes of society
I would rather turn the pages
Of this album..
And experience what's already known..
These Memories..
The ups and downs.. the joys and pains..
Knowing their outcomes.. their fates..
Than, perhaps, forever be separated.

For someone that only prefers the new...
It is quite something to not part with the old...
And stay with a "known outcome".
But friends like these don't come along every day..
And will forever have a place in my heart.
Rest In Peace, Fringe. For not only have you been my friend...
I would rather cherish the memories of a now-sealed fate
Than lose you forever.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for participating! 3-2-2015 07:26

Thanks to everyone who took part. You made it so difficult for us we decided to let the random name picker select 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Congratulations to the winners. Your points will be awarded shortly....

Click on the video to see the radomizer select the winners....

Winners (highlight to see)
1) arksongbird - 30 points
2) TallMidget - 20 points
3) codebreaker - 10 points

All points have now been awarded. Shinny

Thread