Thread
Printable Version

New Show Suggestions

New Show Suggestions

Well, the site has been operational for almost 6 months now.  Has there been any communication for requesting new shows or even movies?

I feel like the site has become more and more impersonal.  It use to be so user friendly and a place where people could meet online and feel like a part of the community.  Now I never log on because there isn't a point. I can't find my shows. I have no idea what the new updated ones are and while we asked for the previous layout back, our comments were ignored.  It's very saddening.  I loved this Website and in conjunction the Forum.  I only have a sliver of hope left, but I imagine many of the users feel the same.  If you don't, then please tell me what you do like. I would love to see the site through another's eyes.    

On a positive note--The movies are convenient and the most up to date.  For a Movie site-they are doing great!!  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 1#1 arksongbird80's post

We've not really been hearing back from any Admin with regard to suggestions, so we decided not to continue the formal request thread. It was a lot of work for Shinny, as she would make sure all requests were relevant.

As for the forum, the owners have decided that it's not so important. Those of us moderators that are still around basically have to spend time clearing out SPAM. I have to limit my screen time, which is why I don't post so often. After getting rid of the stupid crap the eejits post, I need to get offline. It's unfortunate that the forum isn't as vibrant and lively as it used to be, but I suppose with the number of shows (and now movies) that are on the site, it was to be expected.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Please check This Topic for all new show added.

I ranted, often and at length, early on after the change happened. Some thought my rather long posts were a bit too critical and unforgiving. Perhaps, but they were motivated by my love for this site and the road I feared the admins were traveling down technically. I find the site unpleasant and inconvenient. I now keep my own logs, which I hate having to do. Keeping track of new shows is still not convenient, but I did like watching "La La Land" and some other Academy Award movies within a few weeks of their wins. Honestly, we were all spoiled by the old site design and admin involvement. It remains my reference point for how this type of service should look and feel. Easy on the eyes, intuitive navigation, useful record keeping, immediate updates and the best selection of class shows from even the "forbidden" channels. You and I joined this family on the same day in September of 2007. For a decade it was the best. I will continue hoping the site doesn't get worse.

P.S. Is there any way I might someday be listed as something other than "Newbie"? Please.........

Your 'status' changes not by longevity to the site but by the number of posts you make.

Commenting on the shows you watch in their respective forums is a great way to achieve that.

Since I primarily watch cancelled or ended shows, I not too concerned about new shows added. Well, until they get cancelled. LOL  

Yeah, I miss the viewing logs to. Hell, you could actually search through them before. I tried backtracking through my 'Archer' episodes yesterday to no avail.

Thread