Thread
Printable Version

Farscape Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Farscape Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Farscape Season 1-5 Here

I tried to post in the thread that the link led me to, but it would not allow me to. I have to say that this show surprised me. I really enjoyed it. At first I was like "Oh gosh, this is going to be a dumb show", but it was REALLY good. I was so into it that I lost track of the time and forgot that I was supposed to be looking for quiz answers. I definitely look forward to watching more episodes when I have time. Thank you, gabismom!!! Racing to the Finish.

Click Here For The Farscape About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Farscape on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 22:34 ]

Reply 1#1 nye87's post

So happy to have recruited another fan!   If the interest is there, I'll definitely do more of these quizzes, especially since Heroes doesn't return until September.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

So...is this like Star Trek kind of stuff? Because I don't really enjoy space-y kinds of shows. The picture looked...out there. Unfortunately, after I see the first episode, I'll probably never have time again to actually sit down and watch it. I have a schedule to keep...and it looks like The Closer will be taking most of it up... I'll look into this show...

Reply 3#3 redsoxpatriot30's post

This is definitely NOT like Star Trek, but it's most definitely science fiction.  I did the quiz based on the first 2 episodes so people could give it more of a chance, and because it was a request.  Don't worry if it's not your thing.  We all have different tastes, but you never know...it just might surprise you.  The storytelling is great!

Well, not bad.  The acting was good.  The storylines not bad.  The crew are interesting and colorful.  But the Crichton and Aeryn look familiar.... hmmm Stargate members.

Racing to the finish
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Reply 5#5 munch's post

Yep, they were on Stargate...after they had their amazing run on Farscape.   Sure was nice to see them together again, though their characters were completely different on each show.

RACING TO THE FINISH

I agree with Nye.  This was the first time I watched this show.  I really enjoyed watching it.  I thought that it was so  funny in some parts.  There are only a few Sci-Fi shows I enjoy watching.  I just added this one to my list.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 7#7 penny3760's post

I'm happy to hear it!  Now I'll have a few more folks to ramble on about Farscape with.

i watch the first 3 seasons then jumped last episode because i knew it going to get moved vip site the following week.

we love to watch farscape every now and then. its theme song is even camper than the original star trek's (if that is possible) and the kid just loves to watch rygel!

we're so glad that the site has this show, we never would have found it otherwise, thanks!

we're racing to the finish
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

i really enjoy sci-fi shows but this one just didn't grab me.  The crew is colourful but i just didn't connect with any of them in particular.  maybe one day i'l  give a couple more episodes a look see and maybe i'll change my mind but as of now it's not a show that i'll be adding to my watch list.

racing to the finish!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

it is a really good show

i like farscape because of the drama and the on going relations ship with crichton and other woman than finaly areon.

TV Guide's Matt Roush

Question: I just wanted to let you know that, like you, I am also waiting for a Farscape movie. I think Farscape would translate brilliantly to the big screen. I haven't lost hope, but, like you, I am not holding my breath. Heck, I am still waiting for news about the Farscape webisodes! By the way, you wouldn't have heard anything about them, would you? It has been nearly a year since they were announced, and while I understand the writers' strike slowed things down a lot, we should be seeing/hearing something soon, right? — Nicola

Matt Roush: Not soon enough, I'm sure. I asked a Sci Fi Channel executive earlier this week, during a NBC-Universal party, if there was news to report on this front, and I was assured that the online Farscape project remains in active development. The problem, I'm told, is in getting all the creative players assembled to figure out the format, the content and to see who's available. No timetable on this one yet, I'm afraid, but don't lose hope. It's probably our last best chance to re-enter that fabulous world.

I have seen the entire series and as a whole & it was fabulous.  Couple of points though:

A) Zhann...I really missed her, especially at the end. Her character brought balance to the ship.
B) So glad Joffey came back at the end, and he and father worked it out.  
C) Baby name was very apt.  Well done.
D) Jewel was by far the better character than Sikozu.  She turned out to be selfish in the Peacekeeper wars, what was UP with her hair!!!  It was horrible.
E) Crais annoyed me and I was glad he was gone.
F) Rygel, turned out pretty well.  Was glad at the end he stuck up for the baby so readily!  Dominar. I think he's now ready to lead his people.
G)Grandma (Nuranti)  She turned out to be a great asset.  Cooked, kept everyone focused-sort of and wasn't a sexual threat.  I liked her alot.
H) Pilot and Moya:  overall....everything could have hoped for.
I) Chiana was better towards the end.  She bugged me at the beginning for grew on me.
J) John & Aeryn were a fabulous up down all around characters.  I was pleased with their ending.

The peacekeeper wars was a good ending to the series.  The 4th season was fairly bad with the "harvey" encounters and the cartoon episode but over all the series gets a 7.5.  Well done  

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 3-27-2012 15:00 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 participation points & good post 3-29-2012 07:33
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 14#14 arksongbird80's post

I finally bought myself the entire series and mini-series on DVD.  I watch it frequently.  I actually liked season 4, especially knowing it was supposed to be the set up for season 5, which was what they wanted to be the final season but, alas, SYFY had other plans.  They cancel so many good shows before they should.  The mini-series did a fair job of tying up the loose ends, but I would have loved to see the full story told the way it was meant to be told.  I quite liked the "Harvey" segments, as they were an interesting plot device.  I could have lived without the cartoon episode, but having watched the extras and listened to the commentary, I can appreciate what they were trying to do and that they had fun with it.

Thread