Thread
Printable Version

New Tricks Season 1-12 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

New Tricks Season 1-12 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

For anyone who wants to start chatting about this show, you can start here.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:03 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

New tricks.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for such an enjoyable series. BBC at its best.
This is the best site ... EVER.  Worth ten times the price.

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

I might give this show a shot this week

Episode 1

Ok, this was a nice surprise i didn't think i would like this show but what a smart way to get the witness to identify the man in the line-up. It was tough case to solve .

Brian rearranging his friend house was amusing given that he was only a house guest and i am not surprised his wife left him . . Helping him win back his wife was funny    

What a way to find out your going to be a granddad thinking the dinner was in his honour

What a great way to end an episode with them having nap when there were suppose be interviewed by the media.

Episode 2

This was boring episode not as great as first one but how a simple fake painting turn into 6 criminal charges was fascinating .

Image for VIP

A possible image for VIP season 8

Season 1 Episode 1

This was a great pilot episode, I loved how Sandra, Brian, Jack & Gerry all interacted with each other, my favourite scene was when Gerry set off the fire alarm to help the witness Patricia Lee identify Philip Sheppard as a possible suspect/witness in the murder of WPC Kate Daniels, I found it funny how Jack got angry at Brian because he had decided to rearrange some items in his house like moving the telephone into the hallway, It was good to see Brian make amends with Ester in the end but boy does Brian make me laugh with the way he does things.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 9-1-2011 10:22 ]

Season 1 Episode 2

This was a really good episode, I was laughing along with Sandra, Jack & Brian after seeing Gerry's new yellow car, I couldn’t help but laugh every time I saw Gerry's yellow car, I loved the scene of Gerry & Brian throwing a Petrol Bomb each at a Firehouse training ground, the best thing about this episode for me was how Gerry played a vital part in solving the case while on Suspension, my favourite scene however was the ending when Gerry won a large sum of money on a horse bet. It might only be me but I found the Donald Bevan's character very annoying at times.

Season 1 Episode 3

This was a good episode, the start of this episode with Gerry, Brian, Jack & Sandra watching a video was a little funny because of what both Brian & Gerry said, I did find the first scene of Frank talking to Brian & Jack a little creepy because of how Frank acted, my favourite scene was when Brian acted even more crazy than Frank just to get Frank to talk, I loved the scene of Gerry doing a poor job of tailing Sandra, the reactions by Brain, Gerry & Jack after learning Sandra had spoked to Special Branch was hilarious, I think I would of found it impossible to solve this particular case.

Season 1 Episode 4

This was a great episode to watch, I loved the scene at the start when Sandra fell over after slipping on a golf ball, It was funny watching Brian try and hide his dog from Donald Bevan, I found the scene of Sandra speed dating very funny to watch, I absolutely loved the Diane Loveless character because of how she interacted with everybody, I cannot get over the look on those golf members faces when they first saw PC Clark, Brian & Sandra enter the club, my favourite scene was when Jack defended himself against Stewart Pimley which resulted in a confession, my other favourite scene was how Gerry got Fred Donaldson arrested.

Season 1 Episode 5

This was a fantastic episode, I think that Sandra was a bit harsh on Brian and should of made an apology, my favourite scene was when Brian & PC Clark cleared the air with each other after having a heart to heart conversation, I loved the scene when Gerry caused water to go flying across Donald Bevan's desk, my other favourite scene was when Jack, Gerry & Brian told Sandra how she should act when talking to Eric Grant, It was great to see Brian not give up until the 2 bodies had been found, I liked the sub-plot about Sandra having mini dates with Greg Johnson whose character I don't really like.

Season 1 Episode 6

This was an excellent season finale, I loved the scene at the start of Jack trying to get in contact with his dead wife Mary by visiting a clairvoyant but instead ended up being contacted by a murder victim called Caroline Stillman, I found the comment Brian made about JFK being killed by Colonel Mustard hilarious, the scenes of Brian, Jack & Gerry take their psychical & Psychological examinations was really funny, my favourite scene was of Jack shutting himself into a container with Martin Lombard which caused him to confess to what he did, I hope that Martin Lombard is finally caught at some point.

I hope that in Season 2 that Jack is able to finally solves his wife Mary's murder.

Thread